Sign Up Today!
- Blick Law Firm Works Closely with Tampa’s Chiropractic and Acupuncture Clinic
- Blick Law Firm Brings Legal Expertise and Christian Values to Tampa
- What can a personal injury attorney do for you?
- The Importance of a Real Estate Attorney in a New Transaction
- Over 150 New Florida Laws Take Effect this Month
- Law Change Protects Florida Patients From Balance Billing
- Fatal Alligator Attack at Disney World Orlando Could Mean Legal Trouble
- Florida Gun Laws Under Fire After Orlando Attacks
- Prospect of Medical Marijuana in Florida Creates Buzz
- Florida’s Death Penalty System Subject to Further Questioning
- Summer Driving Safety Tips
- Florida Supreme Court Votes to Maintain Reasonableness in Workers’ Compensation Law
Tagsabogado cristiano abogado de lesiones personales abogado en tampa abogados abogados en tampa abogados real estate abogados tampa accident attorney accident attorneys attorney for the defense attorneys in tampa auto accident bancarotta en tampa bankruptcy attorney blick law firm carrollwood carrollwood attorney carrollwood businesses carrollwood law firm carrollwood real estate christian attorney christian law association christian law firm christian lawyer christian lawyers christian lawyers association christian lawyer tampa driving under the influence helping the hurting michael c blickensderfer military lawyer military lawyers minute with mike personal injury personal injury attorney personal injury attorneys personal injury lawyer personal injury lawyers real estate law tampa attorney tampa law firm tampa personal injury attorney tampa real estate attorney veterans veterans lawyer
Tag Archives: Social media
Auto accidents can be very stressful and unexpected, even for safe drivers. Auto accidents can also cause injuries that require extensive treatment and therapy, taking months to complete.
Many people are unaware of the ways in which they can damage their auto accident claim. It is imperative to know what actions to take if you are involved in an auto accident, so that you can avoid damaging your potential personal injury case. In order to protect yourself and secure a successful claim, here are some important things to avoid:
1. Disclosing information on Social Media: In today’s society, technology has changed our lives and the ways in which we communicate with one another. People can tell the world what is going on in their lives with just a click of a button. Although the use of the internet is very convenient; updating your status, writing blog posts, and tweeting certain information over the internet can make you more susceptible to public scrutiny. Insurance companies and defense attorneys are aware of this, and internet research can be conducted to damage your injury claim in an auto accident case.
In order to avoid discrediting your claim, it is important to practice caution when using social media. For example, do not tweet that you are going to a kickboxing class when are supposed to be suffering from knee pain due to a recent accident. Be careful not to post or tweet any information over the internet that the opposing insurance company could use to hurt your case.
2. Lack of Witness Information: An auto accident can be shocking and stressful. It is important to keep calm and gather the right information that will help your future case. Having eye witnesses are a great way to help your claim if you are not at fault. Authenticate your case with eye witnesses in order to decrease debate with insurance companies. Be proactive and ask witnesses for their contact information directly after an accident, do not expect the investigating office to obtain this information.
3. Giving a Recorded Statement to the Opposing Insurance Company: This mistake is most common. Insurance companies are usually notified promptly after an auto accident has taken place. Once notified, insurance companies move quickly and try to obtain a recorded statement regarding the accident, as well as information regarding your injuries. Many people are unaware that they are not required to disclose any information to the opposing insurance company, nor are they required to answer any of their questions.
Insurance companies are often trying to take advantage of your lack of knowledge and mental state after you have been involved in an accident. It is important to always consult your lawyer before providing a recorded statement.
4. Take Opposing Auto Insurance Companies Lightly: If you are not at fault, it is important to be honest when dealing with the opposing driver’s insurance company. When the opposing insurance company conducts their investigation during your case, they may use photos of damages, surveillance, or video footage of you. Be sure to be honest and admit to any attempted activities that may seem questionable on your part. We are aware that your physical health will improve over time if you are being treated for injuries during the claim process. However, do not deny any thing that can be proven true after an insurance investigation has taken place; it will hurt your claim.
5. Waiting too Long to Get Medical Treatment: When involved in an accident, many people assume that medical attention is unnecessary and their pain will eventually subside. Unfortunately, your pain can worsen overtime if it is left untreated.
Be sure to seek medical attention immediately after an accident. If your injuries are severe, you must report to the hospital. Insurance companies monitor any gaps between treatments, and will assume that you are not being honest about your injuries if you wait too long to be treated. Request medical care once you visit a personal injury attorney, and make sure your complaints and symptoms are recorded and well documented.
Personal Injury claims vary in severity, and may require lifelong medical expenses and treatment. If you or a loved one has been injured due to the actions or negligence of another, call Blick Law Firm today at (888) 973-2776.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Blick Law Firm Participates in Social Media Competition
Tampa Bay Business Journal hosts Social Madness engagement and Blick Law Firm participates in the small business bracket for an online competition that launched on June 3, 2013.
TAMPA June 5— Social madness has commenced and over 92 companies compete for placement in a social engagement competition hosted online by the Tampa Bay Business Journal.
The social media competition, launched June 3, 2013, categorizes Tampa Bay businesses into three categories: small, medium and large.
Blick Law Firm proudly competes in the small business bracket with several other local Tampa Bay businesses.
“We engage social media into our marketing tactics on a daily basis,” said Dana Blickensderfer, director of marketing and public relations at Blick Law Firm. “If you are not engaging your business in social media, you are missing a key ingredient into the wonderful opportunity technology has for reaching and communicating to its public.”
Local winners will be announced on July 9, 2013 and finalists will be eligible to participate at a national level kicking off July 16, 2013.
Blick Law Firm is competing their Twitter handle and will be scored on how well they engage social media audience on Twitter for the entirety of the contest. Social engagement is defined as likes, comments, and shares of a company’s posts by their followers.
To vote you simply go here and select Blick Law Firm! Help your favorites advance by giving them your votes and interacting with them on social media. And remember, you can come back to vote again and support local businesses every day!
For questions about competition visit: http://www.bizjournals.com/tampabay/socialmadness or contact Dana at email@example.com. Engage in the conversation on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/blicklawfirm or on Twitter at https://twitter.com/blicklawfirm.
About Blick Law Firm
Blick law Firm is a local Tampa Bay legal firm specializing in immigration, personal injury, criminal and real estate law all across the state of Florida. The owner, Michael C. Blickensderfer, has over 25 years’ legal experience in Florida, New York and New Jersey. Blick Law Firms practice areas include criminal law, DUI/ Traffic, real estate transactions, loan modifications, short sales, foreclosure defense, bankruptcy, title insurance and real estate litigation. We also serve clients in personal injury, including auto accidents, motorcycle accidents, slip and falls premises liability, dog bites, marine and aviation accidents and wrongful death. For further information regarding our legal services please visit our website at www.blicklawfirm.com.
* The hiring of an attorney is an important decision that should not be based solely upon advertisements. Before you decide, ask us to send you free written information about our qualifications and experience. Copyright © 2010 by Blick Law Firm. All rights reserved. Disclaimer
-# # #-
The nominating period ended at 11:59 p.m. on May 15, and some local companies got in just under the wire, bringing the total number of competitors in Tampa Bay to 93.
The new companies are:
- Blick Law Firm
- Cushman & Wakefield
- Keller Williams Realty Tampa Properties
- Modern Enterprise Solutions Inc.
- Nickel Communications
- Pam’s Country Restaurant
- Strategic Image Management
Social Madness is a one-of-a-kind competition that measures a company’s social media engagement.
Nominations are now closed. The competition will kick off on June 3, and if your company wins the local bracket-style competition, it will move on to the nationals, starting July 16. The winning companies will have $10,000 charitable donations made on their behalf.
Social Madness is locally sponsored by Mercedes-Benz of Tampa.
Pam Huff is Director of News Operations for the Tampa Bay Business Journal.