Sign Up Today!
- Blick Law Firm Works Closely with Tampa’s Chiropractic and Acupuncture Clinic
- Blick Law Firm Brings Legal Expertise and Christian Values to Tampa
- What can a personal injury attorney do for you?
- The Importance of a Real Estate Attorney in a New Transaction
- Over 150 New Florida Laws Take Effect this Month
- Law Change Protects Florida Patients From Balance Billing
- Fatal Alligator Attack at Disney World Orlando Could Mean Legal Trouble
- Florida Gun Laws Under Fire After Orlando Attacks
- Prospect of Medical Marijuana in Florida Creates Buzz
- Florida’s Death Penalty System Subject to Further Questioning
- Summer Driving Safety Tips
- Florida Supreme Court Votes to Maintain Reasonableness in Workers’ Compensation Law
Tagsabogado cristiano abogado de lesiones personales abogado en tampa abogados abogados en tampa abogados real estate abogados tampa accident attorney accident attorneys attorney for the defense attorneys in tampa auto accident bancarotta en tampa bankruptcy attorney blick law firm carrollwood carrollwood attorney carrollwood businesses carrollwood law firm carrollwood real estate christian attorney christian law association christian law firm christian lawyer christian lawyers christian lawyers association christian lawyer tampa driving under the influence helping the hurting michael c blickensderfer military lawyer military lawyers minute with mike personal injury personal injury attorney personal injury attorneys personal injury lawyer personal injury lawyers real estate law tampa attorney tampa law firm tampa personal injury attorney tampa real estate attorney veterans veterans lawyer
Category Archives: Foreclosure Defense
Written By: Louie Talacay
It’s the big day! You’ve been anxiously waiting and finally the day arrives; you are going to be going to court. Oh no, I’ve never been to court you think aloud. No problem because The Blick Law Firm is here to help you out and tell you how you should prepare yourself for your big day in court.
First and foremost, dress to impress. Yes, this is court, and yes, people expect you to look decent, unless you are pleading insanity. First impressions are important and a bad one could mean you struggling through an uphill battle with a negative preconceived notion of you and your character, all because you decided to wear flip flops.
Second, be punctual! As always, this one is big and not being on time could mean you are misrepresented in court or not even represented at all! Don’t take a chance on missing your court date; there could be some big repercussions for doing so. As always, if it is an emergency, you must notify the court and you must have a good reason. Sorry folks, but my dog ate my homework and is throwing up will probably not be acceptable.
Lastly, address the judge and jury, if there is one, politely. These are the people that will be deciding your fate, it is important that you start off on a good note. You wouldn’t bash an employer right before they hire you, would you? The concept is similar.
Of course, what you hear do and say will depend on the nature of your case. In order to be fully prepared for court, you should have a lawyer assist you. A lawyer can be your coach. They can role-play with you and tell you what you should say and what you shouldn’t say. They can prepare you for that moment you step into court until the instant you walk out with favorable results.
The Blick Law Firm is a well-established firm that services the Greater Tampa Bay area. We provide counsel and coaching our clients for their case. We provide unique individualized services for each client because we understand that each case is different and requires personal attention. If you have a case and would like to speak to a lawyer, please CALL US AT 888-973-2776
It is a common notion that lawyers are unaffordable; Despite the fact that many lawyers offer special financing for certain customers or commission based payment for winning their cases, many people still believe that hiring a lawyer is just too expensive. As a result, many people have decided to fight their cases, on their own, leaving them to navigate the minutiae of legal terms, motions and laws by themselves. In fact, according to an article featured on the Tampa Bay Times, 90% of low income Floridians have decided to fight their own cases; These cases involve divorce, familial law, foreclosure and other civil cases.
The idea of fighting your own case in court is daunting. A person who has no idea of how the justice system works will find complications and hardships at every corner of their case, even if it is full proof. Remember, a lawyer isn’t just your representation in court, but they also serve as your coach guiding you through the myriad of forms, motions, counters and claims.
To aid in the provision of legal services to people who cannot afford it, the chief supreme justice of Florida, Jorge Labarga has commissioned 27 members to look for a solution for affordable legal aid. Of particular interest is the demographic of people’s whose income is too high to receive pro bono and special financing but not enough to pay, upfront, the large legal fees that attorney’s charge for their services.
Don’t go rush out to your local attorney just yet! Jorge has set a time table of 2 years to create a program solution to aid people, within a certain income demographic, with getting the legal assistance they need to fight their case.
If you are desperate for legal assistance now, however, The Blick Law Firm is here to help the Greater Tampa Bay community. Our motto is “helping the hurting”. We understand that every case is different and that a hardship can cause incredible strain on people who are already struggling to meet ends. As a result, we treat each client differently and create a personalized, tailored service that will fit their needs. We offer special financing to certain clients that need the extra assistance as well as offering pro bono services for clients who we feel are truly in need of help. Schedule a consultation with one of our attorney’s to see what kinds of services we can provide you! To schedule a consultation CALL US AT 888-973-2776!
If you want to learn more about the program that is being commissioned by the Jorge Labarga please reference the following article featured on the Tampa Bay times at…
Short sales is one giant beast that needs to be tackled by a unified and cohesive team. Everyone needs to do their part to ensure every document is filled, collected and turned in on time, regardless of the unreasonable timeframes that may be given by the lender.
Because the nature of a short sale transaction, is rocky, at the very least, it is important that everyone has strategies for each part of the transaction. A short sale will require the seller, buyer, realtors, negotiators, closing agent and attorneys to be on their feet, ready to tackle any problem that may arise.
What is a short sale you might be wondering? For these reason the short sale negotiation team, at Blick Law Firm, has these tips for a successful short sale transaction.
Tips For a Successful Short Sale Closing…
1. Price the home to sell: This should be the fastest part of the transaction. Have your realtor set the price to a reasonable value concurrent with market prices. Remember in a short sale, the price determines how much negotiating is required. You want to price it so that it is attractive to a large buyers pool but still enough that it will appraise to a value acceptable by the seller’s lender.
2. Gather your client’s information: This maybe one of the most challenging parts and you may need to get updated information periodically. There are, however, some necessary documents that you should have before you even get a contract that will assist in expediting your short sale. Ask us for a copy of our short sale package with the documents that are pertinent to executing a short sale.
3. Negotiate your price effectively: This is do or die and everyone needs to be on their feet. Although it is the job of the negotiator to come up with an acceptable price point there are things that the realtor can provide to assist in pricing. Condition of the house, marketability, location and hardship are all things that can help the price positioning process. If you priced it well, there shouldn’t be much variance in what the bank is asking and what the buyer is willing to offer.
4. Coordinate your closing quickly: Time is of the essence! If you are lucky enough to receive an approval from the bank, you must do everything in your power to coordinate a successful closing before the approval expires. Remember, sometimes you only have a few days until the approval expires, so everything must be on point.
If you need help with your short sale transaction, schedule a consultation with one of our short sale experts at Blick Law Firm. We know how to work short sale and have had numerous success stories in helping our clients sell their home. To schedule a consultation today CALL US AT
Written By: Louie Talacay
Nausea, sleep-deprivation, stress, anxiety, hypertension, headache and depression: one might believe that someone suffering from these conditions is severely ill, but these are actually symptoms of an unexpected deficiency payment.
The deficiency sneaks up on them like a phantom from the past. It stalks the borrower years after they have forgotten about their abandoned home and strikes only after they’ve seemingly gotten back on the road to financial stability.
It’s a vicious cycle that never seems to end. Borrowers struggling to recover from financial distress stand up only to be knocked down again. They endure a terrifying maelstrom, seeing the break in the clouds only to realize that they are just in the eye of the storm.
Many larger lenders are now seeking deficiency payments from foreclosed borrowers. What was once an uncommon practice now seems to be commonplace, especially with the federal lending giant Fannie Mae. The surge of deficiency suits have grown exponentially like bacteria festering when times are opportune. Regulations in some states have limited the timeframe in which banks can seek deficiencies. The resultant has been the creation of debt collection factories that mimic the expansive foreclosure mills which steamrolled homeowners out of their homes and livelihoods.
Well hold your horses Fannie Mae! Borrowers are wising up and seeking counsel. They are being meticulous and weighing their options. They won’t be taken advantage of any longer. For borrowers that have been unscrupulously served a deficiency payment the following options are available:
1. Seek out a lawyer for general counsel and advice
2. Hire a lawyer to negotiate a settlement and take care of that debt once and for all
3. Take the lender or the debt collector to court for unfair and unjust practices
4. Bang the gavel and say sayonara to any deficiencies by filing for bankruptcy
Be aware of your options and don’t be victimized again. Seek counsel with an attorney that is familiar with debt collection practices at our office today and get a free consultation with an Tampa Bay attorney over 25 years!
To complete this purchase process here are 5 tips to closing your home:
- Complete a title search
- Purchase title insurance
- Complete a home inspection and pest inspection
- Negotiate the closing costs
- Locking the interest rate of the mortgage
A buyer must open an escrow account with a neutral third party, whereby the buyer provides earnest money to be held in consideration of the purchase in order to demonstrate good-faith that the buyer fully intends on completing the sale.
These steps are important in the completion of any Real Estate transaction, and many times it is important for the buyer to seek legal counsel from a real estate attorney prior to moving forward with the purchase process. An experienced attorney can provide professional legal advice, and interpret the very complicated language involved in most Closing documents. The attorney is also capable of identifying potential problems with your purchase documentation, and can save you the hassle of dealing with unexpected complications that may arise during the Real Estate purchase process.
Blick Law Firm assists many families with the purchasing of their home with their in-house title department, Infinity Abstract & Title.
Infinity Abstract & Title is an innovative, paper-less services, aggressive, and results-oriented when answering the wide variety of title needs for our customers. They have represented many people throughout the state of Florida and the United States. Also provide mobile closings throughout the entire state of Florida.
Services provided include:
- In-house legal counsel for residential and commercial real estate transactions
- Title insurance for Florida
- Short Sale Negotiations through Blick Law Firm, Attorney Michael C. Blickensderfer
- Loan modifications through Blick Law Firm, Attorney Michael C. Blickensderfer
- Mobile, multilingual closers
- Environmentally-friendly office that emphasizes paperless files and closings
- Experience with development and commercial projects
- Licensed escrow officers with over 22 years of title insurance experience
- Wireless offices for convenient closings and presentations
- Fast and Reliable title work available between 24-48 hours
- Closings performed 6 days a week
- Last minute and evening closings available
Please inquire with any questions to email@example.com
If you or a loved one are considering purchasing a home and need advice on what to expect, call Blick Law Firm today and schedule a free 15-minute consultation with attorney Michael Blickensderfer. Think quick, call Blick!
Blick Law Firm seeks to meet the legal needs of our clients, as well as provide emotional support to those in need. We are a Christian-based law firm that is grounded in Christian values. You can view more of our beliefs and core values on our website by visiting: blicklawfirm.com/about/
Our beautiful location and Tampa Bay Law Firm is located at 3812 Gunn Highway Tampa, FL 33618. Our headquarters offers a wide variety of legal services including:
Areas of personal injury representation include: automobile accidents, motorcycle accidents, premises liability, dog bites, slip and falls, marine and boating accidents, wrongful deaths and medical malpractice.
We have over 25+ legal experience to help our clients seek justice against insurance companies in any injury claim. Call us today to ask about or free case evaluation! No attorney fees, unless you win!
Blick Law firm offers legal representation in criminal law specifically in the areas of: Driving under the influence (DUI/DWI), traffic infractions, HTO, criminal defense, white collar crime, and sealing record removal. Attorney Michael Blickensderfer has extensive knowledge in white collar crime defense and medicaid/medicare fraud. Call today to seek your consultation with the top Criminal Defense legal firm!
Blick Law Firm works with those seeking proper guidance to receive United States citizenship. Our firm offers immigration service including: visa, asylum, citizenship, naturalization, deportation defense, adjustment of status, and employment authorization.
If you are overwhelmed with debt, filing for chapter 7 bankruptcy may offer you protection and relief from your financial hardship. Our law firm can help make sure that your claim is successful; properly and legally filed; and can answer any questions you may have regarding your bankruptcy claim and how the process works. Additionally, our firm offers courses on life after bankruptcy and credit repair. Contact us today if you are interested to hear more about our variety of deft relief services.
Real Estate | Title Insurance
Blick Law firm’s real estate and title insurance company can aid you in foreclosure defense, title insurance, loan modifications, and short sale negotiations. We work with commercial and residential properties all across the state of Florida; and have a seamless paperless closing process for all our clients. To know more about our title services visit: www.infinityabstracttitle.com.
If we can help you in any of these areas please give us a call at 888-973-2776, or come in for a free consultation with attorney Michael C. Blickensderfer. Think Quick, Call Blick!