Sign Up Today!
- Blick Law Firm Works Closely with Tampa’s Chiropractic and Acupuncture Clinic
- Blick Law Firm Brings Legal Expertise and Christian Values to Tampa
- What can a personal injury attorney do for you?
- The Importance of a Real Estate Attorney in a New Transaction
- Over 150 New Florida Laws Take Effect this Month
- Law Change Protects Florida Patients From Balance Billing
- Fatal Alligator Attack at Disney World Orlando Could Mean Legal Trouble
- Florida Gun Laws Under Fire After Orlando Attacks
- Prospect of Medical Marijuana in Florida Creates Buzz
- Florida’s Death Penalty System Subject to Further Questioning
- Summer Driving Safety Tips
- Florida Supreme Court Votes to Maintain Reasonableness in Workers’ Compensation Law
Tagsabogado cristiano abogado de lesiones personales abogado en tampa abogados abogados en tampa abogados real estate abogados tampa accident attorney accident attorneys attorney for the defense attorneys in tampa auto accident bancarotta en tampa bankruptcy attorney blick law firm carrollwood carrollwood attorney carrollwood businesses carrollwood law firm carrollwood real estate christian attorney christian law association christian law firm christian lawyer christian lawyers christian lawyers association christian lawyer tampa driving under the influence helping the hurting michael c blickensderfer military lawyer military lawyers minute with mike personal injury personal injury attorney personal injury attorneys personal injury lawyer personal injury lawyers real estate law tampa attorney tampa law firm tampa personal injury attorney tampa real estate attorney veterans veterans lawyer
Monthly Archives: June 2015
Personal Injury Attorney | Tampa Bay Lawyer
Personal injury is a legal issue and frequent occurrence that could happen to anyone at any given moment. This is why it is imperative that everyone remain informed and knowledgeable on various aspects of personal injury defense and how it works. Every day, more and more people are injured who are not at fault, and aren’t exactly sure what to do. That is why we here at Blick Law Firm are going through some of the basics on our website covering topics such as: personal injury, what it means, and how it may or may not impact your life.
In the simplest of terms, Personal Injury cases are legal disputes that occur when one person suffers an injury or harm, and another person may be legally responsible for it. In order for a case to become formalized, it must go through a civil court proceeding that essentially attempts to find others legally at fault through the court. However, before a lawsuit is filed, it is very common for disputes such as this to be handled through informal “settlements”. These settlements typically involve negotiations and a written agreement signed by both sides that agrees on resolving the issue through a monetary amount.
While most forms of law use statues as governing rules, most of personal injury law isn’t actually within statutes. Most of its development occurs through court decisions. However, another important aspect of personal law not set forth by court decisions is the statute of limitations. Statutes of limitations are set by state laws and they determine how long you have after the original incident or discovery of the injury to file your lawsuit.
Now, while there are various aspects to Personal Injury law, if you or someone you know ever have any questions, or would like a free consultation in regards to a Personal Injury case, we highly encourage you to reach us at 813-931-0840.
Posted in Blog, Personal Injury Leave a comment
Foreclosure Defense | Real Estate Law
By: Moneer Kheireddine
Over the past few years, the amount of homeowners losing their homes to foreclosures has being increasing exponentially. Since 2006, over 5 million citizens of the United States have lost their homes to foreclosure. This number has steadily been increasing, and more and more people are facing their banks and lenders in the courtroom. And most of the time, the banks tend to win out over the average citizen, due to having much more experience in relation to the practice of foreclosure and already having a firm grasp of the law. However, homeowners are beginning to understand how foreclosure works and, more importantly, how to fight it. This has led to a growing number of homeowners being able to halt the foreclosing of their homes or at least delay the bank.
The most basic way to prevent a foreclosure is by modifying the mortgage. When you modify the mortgage, the homeowner essentially works with the lender to make mortgage more affordable for their current situation. It can be anything from a reduction in your monthly payments to stopping your payments for a certain amount of time. However, once the foreclosure actually begins, it can seem very hopeless to the average homeowner. The basics of your defense will have to be centered around proving that the bank does not have a right to foreclose on the property. How to go about this, however, can be very difficult.
That is why Blick Law Firm is here to help. We have years of experience battling foreclosures within the court and understand the in’s and out’s of how the mortgage industry functions. We are able to properly defend you and your family from losing your property and help prevent any further incidents. We highly encourage that if you, or someone you know, needs advice and a free consultation about a foreclosure defense, that you give us a call at 813-931-0840. We are here to help, and our vast experience within foreclosure defense allows us to assist you in protecting your home.
Posted in Blog, Real Estate Leave a comment
Legal News | Supreme Court Rulings
In world news this week, Canada’s Supreme Court has unanimously ruled that restricting the medical usage of marijuana to smoking was constitutional. Within the Controlled Drugs & Substances act, it states that while smoking the cannabis is fine, but using the plants extracts in other forms was not. The reasoning behind the court stating this issue as “unconstitutional” was due to the fact that limiting the usage of the plant to only smoking would cause unnecessary risks that could be avoided. Thus, the court found the the restriction to violate Section 7 of the country’s constitution.
The response to the ruling has been generally positive, with many medical marijuana users within Canada happy that they can now use marijuana in forms other than smoking. Some of the users, who may have already had lung issues, were especially excited to know they could now take the medication smoke-free. However, many on the opposite side are arguing against any medical marijuana usage at all, and state that using marijuana in any form should be illegal, and are outraged at this recent ruling.
For many years, and especially recently, marijuana usage for both medical & recreational purposes has been widely debated within Canada and the United States. The controversy caused by medical marijuana usage especially has caused many heated discussions and appeals to many courts, both high and low. Even Puerto Ricos governor Alejandro Garcia Padilla signed an executive order that legalized medical marijuana in May, showing just how pressing medical marijuana has become within our society. The long-lasting benefits and consequences of these choices surrounding medical marijuana are not yet clear to us, but it is certain that it will be a heavily debated topic for years to come.
Amusement Park Safety | Summer Safety
While the summer is a great time for hitting the beaches, hanging out with friends, and dusting off your year passes and finally putting them to use at the various theme parks, it’s also a time to refresh your memory of some of the dangers that exist at these various theme parks. While these places are built so that you and your family can enjoy various rides and attractions, it’s always a smart idea to practice several of these safety tips to ensure that you and your family can enjoy your time in the summer without exposing yourself to many of the dangers that can occur.
1. Understand What You Can & Cannot Handle: Make sure to read every attractions restrictions and warning before boarding. If you are pregnant, have a heart condition, or have a history of back pains/injuries, you will not be able to ride some rides. Also, if you are too short, you also will not be able to board the rides. Take all of these factors into consideration before deciding to wait in line for a ride you may not be able to actually experience.
2. Stay Aware: Theme parks can be dangerous places both on the attractions and off. The walking around can be just as dangerous as some of the rides, so make sure to keep an eye on your children at all time to ensure they don’t get lost in the crowd, make sure you are walking at the correct pace to continue with the flow of traffic and that you are not blocking anyones way.
3. Keep Yourself Cool: Many people will return from their trips to several theme parks with severe burns and possibly even heat exhaustion. Stay hydrated with water (sugary drinks should be avoided) and make sure to spray or apply waterproof sunscreen to keep both you and your family safe.
4. Keep Your Children Educated: Before entering any ride with your children, make sure to educate them on the ride and what’s in store for them. Make sure they understand the proper safety mechanics and know how to recognize danger within the ride to minimize risk. If your children is distressed, do NOT force them onto the ride. Simply wait and calm them down while allowing other people in the line to move ahead.
5. Keep Your Head On: While theme parks can be fun, always remember that they can also be extremely stressful, especially on the one in charge. Ensuring people have fun isn’t as fun as it sounds. Children can’t keep up with an adults pace, especially in the summer heat, so if you have some with you, make sure to take breaks! Cranky children are sure to make you cranky as well, and doesn’t make for an enjoyable time. Several breaks spread out throughout the day can help your entire family remain sane and happy.
Remember, keep these tips in mind to be safe, but also remember to have a great time, as the point of these outings is to have fun. Theme park attendance can be a rollercoaster of a time, but the memories you make will outlive the headaches you earn. Stay safe, stay cool, and stay happy!
Posted in Blog, Personal Injury Leave a comment
Legal News | Law Firm Trends 2015
The legal industry, especially in this day and age, is an ever changing, growing marketplace. Every year the industry faces new implementations and growth that completely revamp practices, promote the ease of growth, and sometimes effect the very foundation of the industry. We here at Blick Law Firm have taken the time to showcase some of these recent trends, practices so as to better inform our clients of the ever changing legal industry and how it is continuously growing.
- Eco-Friendly Practices: Has going green and doing more to help the environment becomes a more global priority, many law firms are taking steps to become more eco-friendly. By doing so they can cut costs, reduce their waste, and pave the way for more businesses to take responsibility and start improving themselves. Becoming an eco-friendly law firm is growing to become a staple of a successful law firm.
- Social Media Prowess: The massive and growing social media market is proving to be a valuable resource for law firms who are able to effectively use it. By having a presence through multiple social media channels, law firms are able to expand their market exposure and successfully reach out to a new generation of men and women who may be seeking legal counsel.
- Balancing Life & The Workplace: Due to trends with the ailing economy, quotas, the extremely competitive market, many law firms are pushing out work at an extraordinary rate in order to stick out from the crowd. However, due to this focus on committing as much time as possible to the workplace, many employees have had to sacrifice their personal lives in order to succeed in their business. However, many employees are pushing strongly for a new balance in the system, including flexible hours and part-time employment options for certain times of the year.
- Mobile Technology: The trends of growing mobile markets and increasing expansive use of legal apps and services through the market has caused an influx of newcomers to the mobile space. Many law firms are now attempting to enter the marketplace with their own legal apps, and by doing so increasing their overall presence and exposure.
Overall, many of the new trends that are being seen in this day in age is due to the new generations of lawyers, paralegals, and other legal employees who are continuously bringing a new dynamic to the saturated marketplace. Since this generation understands how to appeal to it’s own market, they bring new ideas forth and push for expansion in different areas. Blick Law Firm prides itself on its stance on multiple fronts, including the mobile market with the Blick Mobile app, having a large social media presence and even our eco-friendly office. These growing fields and changes are having an impact on everyone within the legal industry, and causing firms to expand into territories and reach a market they never thought possible.
Legal News | Obama Affordable Care Act
For the second time in three years, the Obama administration’s Affordable Care Act is once again in the hands of the Supreme Court to interpret the legislation. The issue at hand is King v. Burwell, and is to decide whether or not low and moderate income Americans living in specific states should be allowed to receive tax subsidies in order to purchase health care insurance. What the side in favor of taking action is stating is that a straight reading of the legislation’s text means that the law states that credits are available only for those who buy insurance in marketplaces or exchanges which are established by the state.
If the court agrees with this statement, millions in 34 different states that didn’t set up their own exchanges would lose federal subsidies. This essentially means that the entire law would be undermined. President Obama recently held a press conference in which he stated that the Supreme Court should not have even considered the latest challenge to his signature healthcare law, however he believes that justices will “play is straight” and allow the law to remain intact.
Recent pollings show bipartisan support for both sides of the case, however a majority polled that they did not want the Supreme Court to take action. The public’s opinions on the matter, however, is not always within the court’s jurisdiction. Their job is to interpret the law to the best of their abilities, and that means they make very difficult decisions which impact a majority of Americans.
While this case is of great urgency to many, the court’s decision still has not been made public. Their decision on the matter is expected to come out within the following days, and will have a significant impact on the Obama Administration moving forward.