Sign Up Today!
- Blick Law Firm Works Closely with Tampa’s Chiropractic and Acupuncture Clinic
- Blick Law Firm Brings Legal Expertise and Christian Values to Tampa
- What can a personal injury attorney do for you?
- The Importance of a Real Estate Attorney in a New Transaction
- Over 150 New Florida Laws Take Effect this Month
- Law Change Protects Florida Patients From Balance Billing
- Fatal Alligator Attack at Disney World Orlando Could Mean Legal Trouble
- Florida Gun Laws Under Fire After Orlando Attacks
- Prospect of Medical Marijuana in Florida Creates Buzz
- Florida’s Death Penalty System Subject to Further Questioning
- Summer Driving Safety Tips
- Florida Supreme Court Votes to Maintain Reasonableness in Workers’ Compensation Law
Tagsabogado cristiano abogado de lesiones personales abogado en tampa abogados abogados en tampa abogados real estate abogados tampa accident attorney accident attorneys attorney for the defense attorneys in tampa auto accident bancarotta en tampa bankruptcy attorney blick law firm carrollwood carrollwood attorney carrollwood businesses carrollwood law firm carrollwood real estate christian attorney christian law association christian law firm christian lawyer christian lawyers christian lawyers association christian lawyer tampa driving under the influence helping the hurting michael c blickensderfer military lawyer military lawyers minute with mike personal injury personal injury attorney personal injury attorneys personal injury lawyer personal injury lawyers real estate law tampa attorney tampa law firm tampa personal injury attorney tampa real estate attorney veterans veterans lawyer
Monthly Archives: November 2010
Housing Prices Contine to Decline due to Economic Factors
According to NBC news, home prices are declining all across the nation’s largest cities. Not only that but foreclosures are predicted to reduce prices even further throughout the year.
What seems to be altering home pricing is a combination of factors. Studies reveal that unemployment, tight lending standards and the increase in foreclosures alter home pricing.
The housing market remains depressed among larger cities and according to research, prices in Tampa fell to their lowest point since 2000. Miami is also near their lowest points since the housing market collapse in 2006.
Posted in Blog Leave a comment
Blick Law Firm hottie
Chief justice moves to ensure foreclosure hearings are open
Following claims that some foreclosure hearings around Florida have been closed to the public, Chief Justice Charles Canady has ordered corrective measures.
“The courts of Florida belong to the people of Florida,” the chief justice said. “The people of Florida are entitled to know what takes place in the courts of this state. No crisis justifies the administrative suspension of the strong legal presumption that state court proceedings are open to the public.”
Canady acted after the Florida Press Association and other organizations sent letters to him and Fourth Circuit Chief Judge Donald Moran detailing instances where members of the public had been told they could not attend foreclosure proceedings.
The letter was signed by representatives of the Florida Press Association, the ACLU, the ACLU of Florida, the First Amendment Foundation, the Florida Association of Broadcasters, the Florida Society of Newspaper Editors, and the editor of the Florida Times-Union.
In response, Chief Justice Canady sent to the chief judges of Florida’s 20 circuits a supervisory memorandum directing the chief judges to ensure that the judges they supervise and the staff who report to those judges, as well as bailiffs and employees of the clerks of court, are not violating the rights of Floridians by improperly closing judicial proceedings to the public.
Federal Safety’s push to make Motorcycle Helmets mandatory
I read an interesting article this morning in the news regarding motorcycle law and the federal safety’s push to make motorcycle helmets mandatory while riding.
Over the last decade, safety officials claim that motorcycle crashes have risen. 4,400 bikers in the U.S. died last year alone, due to head injuries. Federal safety officials want to reduce the current increase in head injury accidents; implementing forceful actions to wear helmets in all 50 states might be one way to go.
Many bikers find this not to be the answer. Helmets can be helpful, yes, but it can also cause restrictions while riding. According to some, helmets can do more harm then good and a helmet can actually make it tough to see and hear while on the road.
Currently, in Florida if you are 20 years old or younger bikers are required to wear a helmet. 20 states require all motorcycles to wear a helmet. Only Iowa, Illinois and New Hampshire have no restrictions.
Do you think a change to the laws in many states, including Florida, would help reduce the number of motorcyclists killed in crashes?
What is (UM) Uninsured Motorists? In 60 seconds.
Uninsured/under insured motorist is the most important insurance coverage you can carry.
- In Florida, you are not required to carry bodily injury coverage, so the chances of you getting hit by someone with no insurance is high.
- If you have been hit or injured in an accident, UM covers your compensation for your damages even if the driver has little or no liability insurance.
- Health insurance is not enough to cover the costs.
- Medical bills can escalate, fast. Consider the highest Um coverage policy to better compensate your injuries and losses.
- Protect yourself. You might be in control, but the car that hit you was not.
Check your policy today and get the best coverage protection for you and your loved ones. If you have any further questions regarding UM, Call us today at 813-931-0840 and speak to your Tampa personal injury attorney today.
Posted in Blog Leave a comment
Virtual Office Tour
Posted in Video Vault Leave a comment