Sign Up Today!
- Blick Law Firm Works Closely with Tampa’s Chiropractic and Acupuncture Clinic
- Blick Law Firm Brings Legal Expertise and Christian Values to Tampa
- What can a personal injury attorney do for you?
- The Importance of a Real Estate Attorney in a New Transaction
- Over 150 New Florida Laws Take Effect this Month
- Law Change Protects Florida Patients From Balance Billing
- Fatal Alligator Attack at Disney World Orlando Could Mean Legal Trouble
- Florida Gun Laws Under Fire After Orlando Attacks
- Prospect of Medical Marijuana in Florida Creates Buzz
- Florida’s Death Penalty System Subject to Further Questioning
- Summer Driving Safety Tips
- Florida Supreme Court Votes to Maintain Reasonableness in Workers’ Compensation Law
Tagsabogado cristiano abogado de lesiones personales abogado en tampa abogados abogados en tampa abogados real estate abogados tampa accident attorney accident attorneys attorney for the defense attorneys in tampa auto accident bancarotta en tampa bankruptcy attorney blick law firm carrollwood carrollwood attorney carrollwood businesses carrollwood law firm carrollwood real estate christian attorney christian law association christian law firm christian lawyer christian lawyers christian lawyers association christian lawyer tampa driving under the influence helping the hurting michael c blickensderfer military lawyer military lawyers minute with mike personal injury personal injury attorney personal injury attorneys personal injury lawyer personal injury lawyers real estate law tampa attorney tampa law firm tampa personal injury attorney tampa real estate attorney veterans veterans lawyer
Tag Archives: seat belt safety for children
Each year, automobile and motorcycle accidents are a major cause of fatalities nationwide. As a result, it is important to employ all necessary safety measures available to avoid or reduce the risk of serious injury while operating an automobile or motorcycle.
Studies indicate that the use of a safety belt greatly reduces the chance of harm or serious injury when involved in an auto accident, especially when an automobile operator is thrown from the vehicle as a result of impact. In an effort to combat this risk and encourage the use of safety belts, Florida has mandatory safety belt requirements. In Florida:
- Seat belt laws apply to all cars, pickup trucks, and vans operated on Florida roads.
- All passengers in the front seat must wear a seat belt.
- All passengers under 18 must wear a seat belt.
Florida also has mandatory child restraint laws that hold drivers responsible for buckling up children. Specifically, Florida law requires that children 3 years old and younger must be secured in a federally approved child-restraint seat; and children 4 through 5 years old must be secured by either a federally approved child restraint seat or safety belt.
Motorcyclists have even more safety concerns as motorcycle accidents tend to involve more serious injuries and incur a higher rate of fatalities. Additionally, with the rising costs of health care, insurance companies have begun to include exclusion clauses to insurance policies that can deny coverage for risky behavior such as motorcycling. While Florida law does not require the use of motorcycle helmets, research conducted by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration indicates that motorcyclists without a helmet are three times more likely to suffer brain injuries, and that helmets reduce the risk of death by nearly 30 percent when involved in a motorcycle accident.
If you or a loved have been injured in an accident and you have questions or concerns about your rights to recovery, call Blick Law Firm today at (813) 931-0840. Schedule a free 15-minute consultation with attorney Michael Blickensderfer. Think quick, call Blick!