Sign Up Today!
- Blick Law Firm Works Closely with Tampa’s Chiropractic and Acupuncture Clinic
- Blick Law Firm Brings Legal Expertise and Christian Values to Tampa
- What can a personal injury attorney do for you?
- The Importance of a Real Estate Attorney in a New Transaction
- Over 150 New Florida Laws Take Effect this Month
- Law Change Protects Florida Patients From Balance Billing
- Fatal Alligator Attack at Disney World Orlando Could Mean Legal Trouble
- Florida Gun Laws Under Fire After Orlando Attacks
- Prospect of Medical Marijuana in Florida Creates Buzz
- Florida’s Death Penalty System Subject to Further Questioning
- Summer Driving Safety Tips
- Florida Supreme Court Votes to Maintain Reasonableness in Workers’ Compensation Law
Tagsabogado cristiano abogado de lesiones personales abogado en tampa abogados abogados en tampa abogados real estate abogados tampa accident attorney accident attorneys attorney for the defense attorneys in tampa auto accident bancarotta en tampa bankruptcy attorney blick law firm carrollwood carrollwood attorney carrollwood businesses carrollwood law firm carrollwood real estate christian attorney christian law association christian law firm christian lawyer christian lawyers christian lawyers association christian lawyer tampa driving under the influence helping the hurting michael c blickensderfer military lawyer military lawyers minute with mike personal injury personal injury attorney personal injury attorneys personal injury lawyer personal injury lawyers real estate law tampa attorney tampa law firm tampa personal injury attorney tampa real estate attorney veterans veterans lawyer
Tag Archives: immigration
In the United States, citizenship provides increased privileges and benefits. You will be granted voting rights, as well as be able to easily help your family obtain citizenship. There are many ways in which you can become a citizen of the United States. The most common way of obtaining citizenship is through the naturalization process. It is important to understand and follow the required procedures that are necessary in becoming a U.S citizen. There are many actions that need to be taken to qualify for citizenship, and sometimes this process can be overwhelming. There are also certain conducts that can disqualify you from acquiring citizenship, and you may be compelled to start the process over. It is very important to seek an experienced immigration lawyer who can guide you, and help you with the detailed and delicate nature of the naturalization process.
You must qualify for citizenship before you can begin the naturalization process. To qualify for citizenship you must:
- Pay income tax: If you are employed, you must pay taxes to the federal government.
- Register for selective service: If you are a male between the ages of 18 and 26, you must sign up for the selective service. Registering does not designate your position in the military. However, you must prove that you are willing to participate should your service be needed.
- Update Address: If you move from your current residence, you must notify the USCIS.
- Maintain continuous residence: If you leave the country for more than six months, you can hinder your chances of obtaining citizenship. If you leave the country for 12 months, you must start the citizenship process over.
- Maintain physical presence: Live in the United States for 5 years, 3 years if you are married.
How to apply for citizenship
If you have been living in the United States for a total of five years, or have been married to a U.S citizen for a total for three years, you can start the citizenship process.
To become a citizen of the United States, you must do the following:
- File for citizenship
- Take the naturalization test
- Speak, read, and write English
- Learn Civics: U.S history and government
- Learn the rights and responsibilities of U.S citizens
What not to do when applying for citizenship
When applying for citizenship it is important to avoid behavior that suggests bad moral character, as it can complicate your chance becoming a citizen of the United States. Some of these behaviors include:
- Lying to obtain citizenship
- Committing a crime
Michael C Blickensderfer holds over 25 years’ legal experience, and is dedicated to providing exceptional legal representation. Blick Law Firm is grounded in Christian values, and strives not only to meet the needs of its clients, but to instill hope for the future through the gospel of Jesus Christ. If you or a loved one is in need of our immigration services, call Blick Law Firm today for a free case evaluation. Think Quick, Call Blick!