Sign Up Today!
- Blick Law Firm Works Closely with Tampa’s Chiropractic and Acupuncture Clinic
- Blick Law Firm Brings Legal Expertise and Christian Values to Tampa
- What can a personal injury attorney do for you?
- The Importance of a Real Estate Attorney in a New Transaction
- Over 150 New Florida Laws Take Effect this Month
- Law Change Protects Florida Patients From Balance Billing
- Fatal Alligator Attack at Disney World Orlando Could Mean Legal Trouble
- Florida Gun Laws Under Fire After Orlando Attacks
- Prospect of Medical Marijuana in Florida Creates Buzz
- Florida’s Death Penalty System Subject to Further Questioning
- Summer Driving Safety Tips
- Florida Supreme Court Votes to Maintain Reasonableness in Workers’ Compensation Law
Tagsabogado cristiano abogado de lesiones personales abogado en tampa abogados abogados en tampa abogados real estate abogados tampa accident attorney accident attorneys attorney for the defense attorneys in tampa auto accident bancarotta en tampa bankruptcy attorney blick law firm carrollwood carrollwood attorney carrollwood businesses carrollwood law firm carrollwood real estate christian attorney christian law association christian law firm christian lawyer christian lawyers christian lawyers association christian lawyer tampa driving under the influence helping the hurting michael c blickensderfer military lawyer military lawyers minute with mike personal injury personal injury attorney personal injury attorneys personal injury lawyer personal injury lawyers real estate law tampa attorney tampa law firm tampa personal injury attorney tampa real estate attorney veterans veterans lawyer
Tag Archives: JUSTIN-BEIBER
In recent new, pop star Justin Bieber was arrested this Thursday morning in Miami Beach for drag racing, driving under the influence, and resisting arrest. The 19 year old pop singer was charged with a DUI, and reportedly admitted to having alcohol, marijuana, and other prescription drugs earlier that night.
According to police reports, Bieber’s blood alcohol level was .04. In Florida, a blood alcohol concentration of.08 or higher constitutes impairment beyond the legal limit. Although Bieber’s blood alcohol concentration was below the legal limit, the state of Florida has a zero tolerance law for drivers under the age of 21. If you are over the age of 21, a police officer may still arrest you for a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) below the legal limit if they suspect that you are impaired while operating a motor vehicle.
WHAT IS A DUI?
A DUI, or Driving under the Influence is the act or crime of driving while affected by alcohol or drugs.
Arrests for drunk driving are very common among celebrities, as well as drivers in the state of Florida. However, many Florida drivers are unaware of what a DUI is. If you are in physical control of a vehicle while impaired by alcohol, prescription medication, illegal drugs, or any other type of drug, you are driving under the influence.
WHAT SHOULD I DO IF I AM PULLED OVER?
If you are pulled over by law enforcement, follow these tips to avoid possible DUI conviction.
There are common signs and behaviors that police officers look for in determining an impaired driver. You may initially be pulled over for violating a minor traffic offense, and then the police officer will proceed to initiate immediate conversation to determine if you are driving while impaired. Signs that police officers look for include:
- The ability to maintain eye contact
- Slurred speech
- The smell of alcohol on a driver’s breath
- Bloodshot eyes
Although you have the right to remain silent, doing so will certainly raise an officer’s suspicions of your driving under the influence. It is wise to answer the officer’s questions without going into specifics. Details such as the amount of alcohol you have consumed, or that you just left a party or football game should be cautioned.
If the police officer is suspicious and tells you to exit your vehicle, you may consider these directions. You may refuse to submit to a sobriety test, and remember that you always have the right to contact a DUI Lawyer before submitting to any test that may be conducted.
If you or a loved one is convicted of a DUI in the state of Florida, consequences may include the following:
- License Suspension
- Legal Fees and Court Costs
- Driving Restrictions that require additional costs such as an Interlock Device installed in your vehicle for a period of 6 months, 1 year, or even 2 years, depending on your situation
- Complications with Employment; both present and future
- Drastic Insurance Increases; especially when required to obtain FR-44 insurance coverage
If you are charged with DUI, it is important to seek legal counsel immediately from a criminal defense attorney! Call Blick Law Firm today at 888-973-2776. Make an appointment for a free 15 minute consultation with attorney Michael Blickensderfer to determine what your options are moving forward.