Sign Up Today!
- Blick Law Firm Works Closely with Tampa’s Chiropractic and Acupuncture Clinic
- Blick Law Firm Brings Legal Expertise and Christian Values to Tampa
- What can a personal injury attorney do for you?
- The Importance of a Real Estate Attorney in a New Transaction
- Over 150 New Florida Laws Take Effect this Month
- Law Change Protects Florida Patients From Balance Billing
- Fatal Alligator Attack at Disney World Orlando Could Mean Legal Trouble
- Florida Gun Laws Under Fire After Orlando Attacks
- Prospect of Medical Marijuana in Florida Creates Buzz
- Florida’s Death Penalty System Subject to Further Questioning
- Summer Driving Safety Tips
- Florida Supreme Court Votes to Maintain Reasonableness in Workers’ Compensation Law
Tagsabogado cristiano abogado de lesiones personales abogado en tampa abogados abogados en tampa abogados real estate abogados tampa accident attorney accident attorneys attorney for the defense attorneys in tampa auto accident bancarotta en tampa bankruptcy attorney blick law firm carrollwood carrollwood attorney carrollwood businesses carrollwood law firm carrollwood real estate christian attorney christian law association christian law firm christian lawyer christian lawyers christian lawyers association christian lawyer tampa driving under the influence helping the hurting michael c blickensderfer military lawyer military lawyers minute with mike personal injury personal injury attorney personal injury attorneys personal injury lawyer personal injury lawyers real estate law tampa attorney tampa law firm tampa personal injury attorney tampa real estate attorney veterans veterans lawyer
Tag Archives: domestic violence statistics
Domestic Violence is a serious criminal offense that occurs frequently in Florida, and the sensitive nature of the offense is sometimes diminished by a misconception that it is often falsely reported. However, the U.S. Department of Justice, Bureau of Justice Statistics considers Domestic Violence to be one of the most chronically underreported crimes, and according to reports it is estimated that 85 % of Domestic Violence victims are women
Domestic Violence is statutorily defined in Florida as “any assault, aggravated assault, battery, aggravated battery, sexual assault, sexual battery, stalking, aggravated stalking, kidnapping, false imprisonment, or any criminal offense resulting in physical injury or death of one family or household member by another family or household member.”
Incidents of Domestic Violence effect Floridians daily, and according to the Florida Coalition Against Domestic Violence, the following Domestic Violence statistics took place between 2010 and 2011 alone:
- 113,378 crimes of domestic violence were reported to Florida law enforcement agencies resulting in 67,810 arrests.
- Florida’s certified domestic violence centers provided 477,489 nights of emergency shelter to 15,789 survivors of domestic violence and their children.
- Advocates created 87,474 tailored safety plans, provided a total of 484,950 hours of outreach and counseling services, and answered 130,393 domestic violence hotline calls from individual seeking emergency services, information, and safety planning assistance.
Domestic Violence continues to be a growing problem that effects all genders, all races, and all ages. Additionally, the effect on children who witness incidents of Domestic Violence is extensive; and families must be made aware of the trauma, and life altering consequences that can occur due to exposure to Domestic Violence.