Sign Up Today!
- Blick Law Firm Works Closely with Tampa’s Chiropractic and Acupuncture Clinic
- Blick Law Firm Brings Legal Expertise and Christian Values to Tampa
- What can a personal injury attorney do for you?
- The Importance of a Real Estate Attorney in a New Transaction
- Over 150 New Florida Laws Take Effect this Month
- Law Change Protects Florida Patients From Balance Billing
- Fatal Alligator Attack at Disney World Orlando Could Mean Legal Trouble
- Florida Gun Laws Under Fire After Orlando Attacks
- Prospect of Medical Marijuana in Florida Creates Buzz
- Florida’s Death Penalty System Subject to Further Questioning
- Summer Driving Safety Tips
- Florida Supreme Court Votes to Maintain Reasonableness in Workers’ Compensation Law
Tagsabogado cristiano abogado de lesiones personales abogado en tampa abogados abogados en tampa abogados real estate abogados tampa accident attorney accident attorneys attorney for the defense attorneys in tampa auto accident bancarotta en tampa bankruptcy attorney blick law firm carrollwood carrollwood attorney carrollwood businesses carrollwood law firm carrollwood real estate christian attorney christian law association christian law firm christian lawyer christian lawyers christian lawyers association christian lawyer tampa driving under the influence helping the hurting michael c blickensderfer military lawyer military lawyers minute with mike personal injury personal injury attorney personal injury attorneys personal injury lawyer personal injury lawyers real estate law tampa attorney tampa law firm tampa personal injury attorney tampa real estate attorney veterans veterans lawyer
Tag Archives: texting while driving accidents
Across the country, distracted driving continues to be a rising cause of automobile accidents and has resulted in numerous fatalities over the past decade. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, over 3,000 people were killed in distracted driving accidents in 2010 alone.
In an effort to stop texting and cell phone use behind the wheel, the U.S. Department of Transportation has encouraged states to enact tough laws prohibiting the use of cell phones while driving. Furthermore, several celebrities, media sources, and automobile companies have made efforts to raise awareness of the growing problem by reaching out to the community and promoting the dangers that can occur when driving distracted.
In 2012, the Florida Legislature adjourned again without producing a single distracted driving law. As of now, Florida is one of only 11 states without a ban on text messaging by all drivers. The trend of adopting such laws makes it appear inevitable that Florida may soon be adopting legislation that in some way prohibits the use of cell phones while driving.
If you or a loved has been a victim of an accident involving distracted driving and you have questions concerning your rights, call Blick Law Firm today at (813) 931-0840 and schedule a free 15-minute consultation with attorney Michael Blickensderfer. Think quick, call Blick!