Sign Up Today!
- Blick Law Firm Works Closely with Tampa’s Chiropractic and Acupuncture Clinic
- Blick Law Firm Brings Legal Expertise and Christian Values to Tampa
- What can a personal injury attorney do for you?
- The Importance of a Real Estate Attorney in a New Transaction
- Over 150 New Florida Laws Take Effect this Month
- Law Change Protects Florida Patients From Balance Billing
- Fatal Alligator Attack at Disney World Orlando Could Mean Legal Trouble
- Florida Gun Laws Under Fire After Orlando Attacks
- Prospect of Medical Marijuana in Florida Creates Buzz
- Florida’s Death Penalty System Subject to Further Questioning
- Summer Driving Safety Tips
- Florida Supreme Court Votes to Maintain Reasonableness in Workers’ Compensation Law
Tagsabogado cristiano abogado de lesiones personales abogado en tampa abogados abogados en tampa abogados real estate abogados tampa accident attorney accident attorneys attorney for the defense attorneys in tampa auto accident bancarotta en tampa bankruptcy attorney blick law firm carrollwood carrollwood attorney carrollwood businesses carrollwood law firm carrollwood real estate christian attorney christian law association christian law firm christian lawyer christian lawyers christian lawyers association christian lawyer tampa driving under the influence helping the hurting michael c blickensderfer military lawyer military lawyers minute with mike personal injury personal injury attorney personal injury attorneys personal injury lawyer personal injury lawyers real estate law tampa attorney tampa law firm tampa personal injury attorney tampa real estate attorney veterans veterans lawyer
Tag Archives: pedestrian accident lawyer
Some personal injury cases involve drivers not yielding to pedestrian crossings, causing serious injury or death.
Florida leads the country in pedestrian deaths each year, and this statistic has become a major concern for the Florida Department of Transportation. According to an annual study by nonprofit organization Transportation for America, Florida includes four of the five most dangerous metropolitan areas in the country for pedestrians and bikers…. and the Tampa area is listed as number two.
If you are a victim in a pedestrian personal injury, you have legal rights to make a claim against the defendant driver.
Under Florida Law, drivers are required to come to a complete STOP when approaching a pedestrian cross-walk. However, many cross-walk signs do not notify motorists of their obligation to stop, and most drivers interpret cross-walk signs as a notice to YIELD to pedestrians. This misinformation creates a dangerous miscommunication between driver and pedestrian, and has led to many fatal and life-altering personal injury accidents.
While laws are in place to protect pedestrians from motorists, Florida law also maintains that pedestrians have an obligation to be responsible and cognizant of their surroundings when utilizing the roadways. Among the factors contributing to the increased pedestrian death in Florida is a lack of awareness by both motorists and pedestrians. As a result, it is important to stay educated about the potential safety hazards while walking, biking, and driving on Florida roadways. Unfortunately for many people, roadway safety concerns are not fully appreciated until disaster hits close to home.
If you, or your family have been a victim of a pedestrian accident call Blick Law firm at (813) 931-0840 to learn about your rights. Schedule an appointment today for a free case evaluation with Attorney Michael Blickensderfer.