Sign Up Today!
- Blick Law Firm Works Closely with Tampa’s Chiropractic and Acupuncture Clinic
- Blick Law Firm Brings Legal Expertise and Christian Values to Tampa
- What can a personal injury attorney do for you?
- The Importance of a Real Estate Attorney in a New Transaction
- Over 150 New Florida Laws Take Effect this Month
- Law Change Protects Florida Patients From Balance Billing
- Fatal Alligator Attack at Disney World Orlando Could Mean Legal Trouble
- Florida Gun Laws Under Fire After Orlando Attacks
- Prospect of Medical Marijuana in Florida Creates Buzz
- Florida’s Death Penalty System Subject to Further Questioning
- Summer Driving Safety Tips
- Florida Supreme Court Votes to Maintain Reasonableness in Workers’ Compensation Law
Tagsabogado cristiano abogado de lesiones personales abogado en tampa abogados abogados en tampa abogados real estate abogados tampa accident attorney accident attorneys attorney for the defense attorneys in tampa auto accident bancarotta en tampa bankruptcy attorney blick law firm carrollwood carrollwood attorney carrollwood businesses carrollwood law firm carrollwood real estate christian attorney christian law association christian law firm christian lawyer christian lawyers christian lawyers association christian lawyer tampa driving under the influence helping the hurting michael c blickensderfer military lawyer military lawyers minute with mike personal injury personal injury attorney personal injury attorneys personal injury lawyer personal injury lawyers real estate law tampa attorney tampa law firm tampa personal injury attorney tampa real estate attorney veterans veterans lawyer
Tag Archives: dui law
With St. Patty’s Day approaching, many people are planning their festivities for the weekend and the excitement to celebrate with friends and family is beginning. However, every St. Patty’s Day people tend to get carried away in their celebrations and face the risk of being arrested for a variety of alcohol related offenses. Due to an increased tendency to behave irresponsibly during this festive time, arrests for DUI especially tend to increase. It is important to remember to always be responsible during and after St. Patty’s Day celebrations, and also to be aware of the potential consequences that can arise in the event that you are arrested and charged with DUI.
Florida drivers arrested and charged with DUI face obvious and hidden consequences that can have a wide reaching personal impact. When a person is charged with a DUI, the consequences may include:
- License Suspension
- Drastic Insurance Increases; especially when required to obtain FR-44 insurance coverage
- Complications with Employment; both present and future
- Driving Restrictions that require additional costs such as an Interlock Device installed in your vehicle for a period of 6 months, 1 year, or even 2 years, depending on your situation
- Legal Fees and Court Costs
These consequences contribute to a multitude of difficulties that one faces when battling a DUI charge. It is important to fully understand and appreciate the severity of possible consequences associated with DUI, and always take all possible steps to avoid Driving Under the Influence.
DUI, or Driving Under the Influence, generally refers to a person who has physical control of a vehicle while that person’s normal faculties are impaired by any type of drug, including alcohol, illicit drugs, and even prescription medication. Therefore, if you are under the influence of drugs other than alcohol and are in actual physical control of a vehicle, you can still potentially be charged with a DUI.
In Florida, a blood alcohol level of .08 or more constitutes alcohol impairment beyond the legal limit. However, a police officer may still arrest you for a lower blood alcohol concentration (BAC) if they suspect that your normal faculties are impaired while operating a motor vehicle. Having a BAC under a .08 will increase your chances of overcoming the DUI conviction, but you may still be arrested and endure several hassles that go along with combating a DUI charge.
If you are charged with DUI, it is important to seek legal counsel immediately! Call Blick Law Firm today at 813-931-0840. Make an appointment for a free 15 minute consultation with attorney Michael Blickensderfer to determine what your options are moving forward.