Sign Up Today!
- Blick Law Firm Works Closely with Tampa’s Chiropractic and Acupuncture Clinic
- Blick Law Firm Brings Legal Expertise and Christian Values to Tampa
- What can a personal injury attorney do for you?
- The Importance of a Real Estate Attorney in a New Transaction
- Over 150 New Florida Laws Take Effect this Month
- Law Change Protects Florida Patients From Balance Billing
- Fatal Alligator Attack at Disney World Orlando Could Mean Legal Trouble
- Florida Gun Laws Under Fire After Orlando Attacks
- Prospect of Medical Marijuana in Florida Creates Buzz
- Florida’s Death Penalty System Subject to Further Questioning
- Summer Driving Safety Tips
- Florida Supreme Court Votes to Maintain Reasonableness in Workers’ Compensation Law
Tagsabogado cristiano abogado de lesiones personales abogado en tampa abogados abogados en tampa abogados real estate abogados tampa accident attorney accident attorneys attorney for the defense attorneys in tampa auto accident bancarotta en tampa bankruptcy attorney blick law firm carrollwood carrollwood attorney carrollwood businesses carrollwood law firm carrollwood real estate christian attorney christian law association christian law firm christian lawyer christian lawyers christian lawyers association christian lawyer tampa driving under the influence helping the hurting michael c blickensderfer military lawyer military lawyers minute with mike personal injury personal injury attorney personal injury attorneys personal injury lawyer personal injury lawyers real estate law tampa attorney tampa law firm tampa personal injury attorney tampa real estate attorney veterans veterans lawyer
Tag Archives: casey anthony not guilty
Casey Anthony not guilty of murder, guilty of lying
ORLANDO — Casey Anthony was found not guilty of murder in the death of her 2-year-old daughter, a jury announced in an Orlando courtroom Tuesday afternoon.
She was found guilty of lesser charges, including providing false information to police.
Anthony, accused of killing her 2-year-old daughter Caylee in 2008, faced several felony charges, including aggravated child abuse and giving false information about a missing person. But the most serious charge was first-degree murder, which would have carried a death sentence.
Casey sobbed after hearing the verdict, while the rest of the courtroom stayed silent.
Sentencing for the guilty charges will take place Thursday morning, the judge announced after the reading of the verdict. As the session came to a close, Anthony hugged several members of her legal team, many of whom were in tears.
The jury was picked in Pinellas six weeks ago. After several days of hearing the case, they began deliberations just after noon Monday. It was the first time the Pinellas dozen could finally talk about the case among themselves.
By Monday at 6:30, the jury had not reached a decision and returned at 8:30 a.m. Tuesday to deliberate.
Posted in Blog, Criminal Law Tagged casey anthony not guilty, casey anthony trial Leave a comment