Sign Up Today!
- Blick Law Firm Works Closely with Tampa’s Chiropractic and Acupuncture Clinic
- Blick Law Firm Brings Legal Expertise and Christian Values to Tampa
- What can a personal injury attorney do for you?
- The Importance of a Real Estate Attorney in a New Transaction
- Over 150 New Florida Laws Take Effect this Month
- Law Change Protects Florida Patients From Balance Billing
- Fatal Alligator Attack at Disney World Orlando Could Mean Legal Trouble
- Florida Gun Laws Under Fire After Orlando Attacks
- Prospect of Medical Marijuana in Florida Creates Buzz
- Florida’s Death Penalty System Subject to Further Questioning
- Summer Driving Safety Tips
- Florida Supreme Court Votes to Maintain Reasonableness in Workers’ Compensation Law
Tagsabogado cristiano abogado de lesiones personales abogado en tampa abogados abogados en tampa abogados real estate abogados tampa accident attorney accident attorneys attorney for the defense attorneys in tampa auto accident bancarotta en tampa bankruptcy attorney blick law firm carrollwood carrollwood attorney carrollwood businesses carrollwood law firm carrollwood real estate christian attorney christian law association christian law firm christian lawyer christian lawyers christian lawyers association christian lawyer tampa driving under the influence helping the hurting michael c blickensderfer military lawyer military lawyers minute with mike personal injury personal injury attorney personal injury attorneys personal injury lawyer personal injury lawyers real estate law tampa attorney tampa law firm tampa personal injury attorney tampa real estate attorney veterans veterans lawyer
Tag Archives: arrests records tampa
As host to the Republican National Convention, Tampa Bay has the national spotlight shining brightly throughout the city. Reports suggest that with the mass influx of people, crime rates have actually gone down considerably. This trend is being attributed to both the added force of 4,000 law enforcement officers that were brought in to maintain the peace and the recent downpour of rain brought by Hurricane Isaac.
Nonetheless, people have taken to the streets to voice their opinions and protest various issues. Protestors have reportedly been peaceful and though only a few arrests have been made, it is only midweek and it is important to be aware of the potential violence that can occur.
Originally, city officials worried that the riots that took place last year in St. Paul, Minnesota, at the Convention would repeat themselves here in Florida. Last year in St. Paul, thousands of protesters packed the city and hundreds were arrested during the Convention’s first day and hundreds more on its last. Some smashed cars, punctured tires and threw bottles in a confrontation with police. Fortunately, violence has not tainted the peaceful assembly of concerned citizens here in Tampa.
Ultimately, protesters can say and do whatever they want as long as they don’t cross the line into criminal behavior. Behavior such as: carrying weapons, fighting, physically opposing police officers and/or concealing your identity is illegal and may lead to arrest and other criminal consequences.
If you have questions about your Constitutional rights or are concerned about the potential dangers of protesting and getting arrested, call Blick Law Firm today at (813) 931-0840. Schedule a free 15 minute consultation with attorney Michael Blickensderfer today. Think quick, call Blick!