Protect yourself today on the road from the negligence of others. If you are involved in an automobile accident, after the accident, many drivers are shocked from the event and may not be properly taught on what to do. It is very important to know what safety tips to take to protect yourself and your personal injury case.
First steps to take after an auto accident occurs
1. Keep calm
2. Seek medical attention for those injured parties
3. Call 911 and go directly to the hospital if you or your loved ones are severely injured
*If your injuries are not serious or life threatening, you must:
4. Move your vehicle to the side of the road out of traffic’s way
5. Gather the necessary information regarding your accident for a potential legal suit [license plate; other driver’s contact info; photos of the accident scene; insurance information; emails]
6. Take notes or photos of acquired injuries inflicted from the accident to report
Seek Legal Representation
Upon injury, it is important to always contact an auto accident lawyer for legal guidance. Legal information given from the law firm will assist you on how to proceed after an accident and the next course of action to take. An attorney is vital to ensure your protection from the defendant’s insurance companies and possible discrepancy. An attorney will care for your physical health and assist you to seek proper medical treatment. Additionally, an attorney can negotiate your medical bills, adding value to your claim. If an insurance company tries to contact you regarding your accident claim, remember not to disclose any information that can be recorded without first consulting with an attorney.
Call Blick Law Firm today for a free case evaluation regarding your personal injury claim. Christian Attorney at law, Michael Blickensderfer has over 26 year’s legal experience. Blick Law Firm handles accident cases throughout the entire state of Florida, New York and New Jersey.
Think quick, Call Blick!