Sign Up Today!
- Blick Law Firm Works Closely with Tampa’s Chiropractic and Acupuncture Clinic
- Blick Law Firm Brings Legal Expertise and Christian Values to Tampa
- What can a personal injury attorney do for you?
- The Importance of a Real Estate Attorney in a New Transaction
- Over 150 New Florida Laws Take Effect this Month
- Law Change Protects Florida Patients From Balance Billing
- Fatal Alligator Attack at Disney World Orlando Could Mean Legal Trouble
- Florida Gun Laws Under Fire After Orlando Attacks
- Prospect of Medical Marijuana in Florida Creates Buzz
- Florida’s Death Penalty System Subject to Further Questioning
- Summer Driving Safety Tips
- Florida Supreme Court Votes to Maintain Reasonableness in Workers’ Compensation Law
Tagsabogado cristiano abogado de lesiones personales abogado en tampa abogados abogados en tampa abogados real estate abogados tampa accident attorney accident attorneys attorney for the defense attorneys in tampa auto accident bancarotta en tampa bankruptcy attorney blick law firm carrollwood carrollwood attorney carrollwood businesses carrollwood law firm carrollwood real estate christian attorney christian law association christian law firm christian lawyer christian lawyers christian lawyers association christian lawyer tampa driving under the influence helping the hurting michael c blickensderfer military lawyer military lawyers minute with mike personal injury personal injury attorney personal injury attorneys personal injury lawyer personal injury lawyers real estate law tampa attorney tampa law firm tampa personal injury attorney tampa real estate attorney veterans veterans lawyer
Monthly Archives: November 2015
Holiday Travel Tips
Holiday and winter travel is always stressful and busy, but can be dangerous under certain weather and road conditions. You can’t control the holiday weather, but you can make sure that you and your family are prepared for whatever may come your way during your holiday travels.
Airports can be a disaster at any time of the year, but the holidays are especially hectic. Following a few tips can keep you safe and sane while navigating the airport this season.
Plan ahead. Waiting until the last minute to plan your holiday trip puts unnecessary stress on you. Planning ahead of time will help you get lower airfare, book direct flights, and avoid bigger crowds at peak travel hours.
Give yourself extra time. While it is usually safe to arrive about an hour before your flight takes off, during the holidays always give yourself at least an extra hour to get to the airport. This will ensure that with the long lines and potential delays you don’t miss your flight, or are able to make new arrangements.
Pack as light as possible. Packing light will save you time and money in the airport. If you are planning to spend the holidays out of town, consider ordering gifts online or shipping them to your destination before you leave home.
Steer clear of the flu. The flu can spread like wildfire during the holiday season, especially in the confines of an airplane cabin. Before you leave home, visit your doctor’s office for a flue shot or nasal spray, and keep up on taking daily vitamins. Remember to wash your hands frequently, as cold and flu often spread through contact.
Safety is especially important for drivers during the winter. Road congestion during the holidays is an added stressor and danger for drivers. Motor vehicle accidents involving bad weather, mostly ice and snow, take the lives of 6,000 Americans and injure 500,000 annually. The following will help you stay safe on your holiday road trip.
Have your car examined before you leave. Have your vehicle and tires checked so that you don’t end up stranded in the cold away from home.
Be prepared to change routes. Construction, road closings, and traffic hurdles can all alter your plans. Keep a map or GPS handy so that you can change your route as needed without delaying your progress.
Stop frequently. Winter driving can be much more stressful and strenuous than summer driving. Making frequent stops will help you de-stress and remain alert for the remainder of your drive.
Blick Law Firm is here for you this holiday season. While we hope you stay safe and warm during your holiday travels, our experienced team of attorneys is just a phone call away. Call 888-973-2776 for a free consultation with a personal injury attorney today! (Click Here)
Posted in Blog Leave a comment
Holiday Safety | Tampa Bay Law Firm
The holidays are always a special time to spend with friends and family. Blick Law Firm wants to help you and your family stay safe and healthy to enjoy the season to the fullest. As the holiday season approaches, be aware of your surroundings, use good judgment, and be prepared.
We tend to spend more time out and about during the holiday season. At this extremely busy time of year, it is important to be aware of your surroundings and keep a close eye on your belongings. Keep the following in mind as you prepare for the holidays:
• Shop during daylight hours if possible. If you must go at night, never go alone and always park in a well-lit area.
• Avoid carrying large amounts of cash.
• Keep a hold on your purse or wallet at all times. Cross-body bags are the safest, because they are difficult to steal.
• Never leave valuables visible inside your vehicle, as it increases the risk of theft. Lock items in the trunk when necessary.
• If you must use an ATM, choose one in a safe location. Never throw your receipt away at the ATM.
The holidays are a time of celebration for families and friends. Remember the following if you are hosting or attending a party:
• Turn off any appliances and electronics that could cause a fire as soon as you are finished using them. Always have a fire extinguisher handy in case of emergency.
• Have non-alcoholic drinks available for guests.
• If you are planning to drink, know your safe limit, and arrange for a designated driver ahead of time.
• When you are away, leave a light on inside your home to deter thieves from entering.
Decorating is a huge part of many holiday traditions. Unfortunately, if proper safety precautions are not taken, decorations can pose a threat to your safety. Always:
• Place any sharp, breakable, or flammable decorations and ornaments out of the reach of children and pets.
• Be sure your Christmas tree and any other heavy decorations are mounted securely, so they do not fall unexpectedly.
• Inspect the wiring on lights and electronic decorations. Frayed or damaged wiring can cause fire.
• Do not place gifts or valuables near windows, as they may attract thieves.
Children are especially vulnerable during the holidays. Kids are easy targets for thieves and criminals, so to keep your family safe this holiday season, remind children:
• To stay close to you at all times in public.
• To go to the store clerk or security officer immediately if they get separated. Teach your children their full name, address, and phone number so that law enforcement can help them if necessary.
• Not to talk to strangers.
Blick Law Firm wishes you and your loved ones a safe and happy holiday season. If you are the victim of a crime, involved in an auto accident, or injured this holiday season, our trusted team of attorneys is here for you! Call 888-973-2776 for a free consultation today!
Posted in Blog Leave a comment