As Gasparilla quickly approaches and work today seems to be going by so slow, take a minute to reflect on the weekend ahead.
Gasparilla means crowds, pirates, beads and if you are of age, drinking. With the craziness that Gasparilla brings to the Tampa Bay area, it is important to go in educated on proper safety precautions to take for you and your loved ones. Arr, you ready?!
As an automobile/motorcycle driver know that the Gasparilla parade route extends alongside Bayshore Boulevard and continues through downtown Tampa on Brorein Street and Ashley Drive.
Most pedestrians will be located on Bayshore Boulevard while the parade is underway, but all parade attendees are expected to park in the downtown area prior to arriving for the events festivities.
As a driver through areas of high foot traffic and vehicles migrating towards the same destination, it is imperative to remember the following ways to lower the risk of an accident:
- Watch for pedestrians, they have the right of way.
- Slow down your vehicle at all crosswalks to avoid any collision. The crowds will be swarming with people; anyone can mistakenly walk around without looking both ways. Be a step ahead and drive on high alert!
- Use turn signals! Use signals to notify other vehicles and pedestrians of you intended route.
- Never assume another driver will yield right-of-way. Avoid aggressive driving!
** As a pedestrian:
- Keep special attention at intersections where there may be turning vehicles.
- Keep to walking in areas of well-known pedestrian routes. If there are no sidewalks, walk facing traffic as far to the left as possible.
If you find yourself involved in an unexpected accident and you are not at fault, call your Tampa Bay personal injury attorney! Contact Blick Law Firm immediately so that we can assist you with your legal needs. 813-931-0840! Think quick, call Blick!