Sign Up Today!
- Arrest | Toddler Arrested | Justice System
- Immigration | Apply For Citizenship | Abogados
- Auto Accident | Personal Injury Attorney
- Justin Bieber | Deposition | Behavior for Legal Proceedings
- Auto Accident | United States Citizen | Personal Injury Attorney
- Driving with Suspended License | Criminal Traffic Offense | HTO
- Insurance Rates | Auto Accident | Personal Injury Attorney
- Child Safety | Car Accidents | Personal Injury Lawyers
- Bankruptcy Class | Public Seminar | Free Legal Aid
- St. Patrick’s Day | Drunk Driving | DUI Lawyers
- Give Back | Ryan Nece Foundation | Tampa Bay Law Firm
- AUTO ACCIDENT | DRIVING SAFETY | PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEY
Tagsabogado cristiano abogado de lesiones personales abogado en tampa abogados abogados en tampa abogados real estate abogados tampa accident attorney accident attorneys attorney for the defense attorneys in tampa auto accident bancarotta en tampa bankruptcy attorney blick law firm carrollwood carrollwood attorney carrollwood businesses carrollwood law firm carrollwood real estate christian attorney christian law association christian law firm christian lawyer christian lawyers christian lawyers association christian lawyer tampa driving under the influence helping the hurting michael c blickensderfer military lawyer military lawyers minute with mike personal injury personal injury attorney personal injury attorneys personal injury lawyer personal injury lawyers real estate law tampa attorney tampa law firm tampa personal injury attorney tampa real estate attorney veterans veterans lawyer
Tag Archives: truck injury lawyer
Florida passes PIP reform bill March 2012.
Since Florida ranks first nationally in staged accidents, fraud has raised PIP costs by $1.4 billion since 2008. The runaway fraud that threatens the system got immediate attention by Governor Rick Scott.
In recent news, Governor Scott and the Legislature make changes to cut down on accident fraud. The legislation now requires accident victims to seek treatment within 14 days of an auto accident, or otherwise loose PIP coverage.
The full $10,000 PIP benefits will be only available to those who sought medical assistance in that 14 day time period. The physician that the accident victim seeks has to determine that the insured has an “emergency medical condition.” If not, the PIP medical benefit will be limited to $2,500, and not the full $10,000.
*Follow-up medical treatment and care will be restricted to a physician, osteopath chiropractor or dentist. Massage therapists and acupuncture has been eliminated from eligibility for PIP benefits.
This bill hopes to crack down on personal injury protection (PIP) abuse and reduce insurance rate coverage, over time.
Whether the new measure will be effective remains to be seen.
For more information regarding PIP law changes contact your personal injury lawyer today. Blick Law Firm can assist you with your legal rights and fight for you. Think quick, call Blick. 813-931-0840.
To see more of this article, visit Insurance Journal.