Sign Up Today!
- Gov. Scott Passes New Law to Protect Children, Vulnerable People, and Pets
- Leading Causes of Personal Bankruptcy
- 10 Things to Remember if Stopped for a DUI
- New Legislation Puts Future of Greyhound Racing in Question
- What role can social media play in your personal injury case?
- Governor Scott Signs Questionable New Water Policy
- Floridians Resurrect Medical Marijuana Amendment
- What should you do after an auto accident?
- Proposed Changes to Florida’s Open Carry Law
- Florida Lawmakers Consider Adding to Existing Drone Legislation
- Florida Death Penalty System Under Supreme Court Scrutiny
- Daily Fantasy Sports Bill in Florida’s Future
Tagsabogado cristiano abogado de lesiones personales abogado en tampa abogados abogados en tampa abogados real estate abogados tampa accident attorney accident attorneys attorney for the defense attorneys in tampa auto accident bancarotta en tampa bankruptcy attorney blick law firm carrollwood carrollwood attorney carrollwood businesses carrollwood law firm carrollwood real estate christian attorney christian law association christian law firm christian lawyer christian lawyers christian lawyers association christian lawyer tampa driving under the influence helping the hurting michael c blickensderfer military lawyer military lawyers minute with mike personal injury personal injury attorney personal injury attorneys personal injury lawyer personal injury lawyers real estate law tampa attorney tampa law firm tampa personal injury attorney tampa real estate attorney veterans veterans lawyer
Tag Archives: tampa personal inur
TARPON SPRINGS, Florida – Two families in a Pinellas County neighborhood have been evacuated after large sinkholes caused a home to cave in.
Anitra Merricks says her family watched the ground open up, starting about 6 p.m. Thursday.
As family members quickly moved their cars, another hole formed.
Photo Gallery: Pictures of the Tarpon Springs sinkholes
The two holes eventually combined to form a large sinkhole. Tarpon Springs public works director Thomas Funcheon says the hole is now large enough “to fit a couple of good-sized vehicles.”
Officials say the house, built in 1958, is too unsafe for Merricks’ grandparents to stay in. Merricks says 83-year-old Virginia Crawford and 90-year-old Nathaniel Crawford, will have to find a new home. They had lived there for 50 years.
The Red Cross is helping relocate the family.
The house next door was also evacuated, due to the sinkhole.
Just before noon Friday, officials say crews were able to fill the sinkhole and secured all utility lines. Engineers will evaluate the situation later in the afternoon and report on a possible cause of the sinkholes and their recommendations. For more on this article visit.
If you feel that your property might be in threat of a sinkhole please contact a sinkhole tampa attorney today at 813-931-0840.