Sign Up Today!
- Criminal Defense Attorney | Arrest | Detention
- Arrest | Toddler Arrested | Justice System
- Immigration | Apply For Citizenship | Abogados
- Auto Accident | Personal Injury Attorney
- Justin Bieber | Deposition | Behavior for Legal Proceedings
- Auto Accident | United States Citizen | Personal Injury Attorney
- Driving with Suspended License | Criminal Traffic Offense | HTO
- Insurance Rates | Auto Accident | Personal Injury Attorney
- Child Safety | Car Accidents | Personal Injury Lawyers
- Bankruptcy Class | Public Seminar | Free Legal Aid
- St. Patrick’s Day | Drunk Driving | DUI Lawyers
- Give Back | Ryan Nece Foundation | Tampa Bay Law Firm
Tagsabogado cristiano abogado de lesiones personales abogado en tampa abogados abogados en tampa abogados real estate abogados tampa accident attorney accident attorneys attorney for the defense attorneys in tampa auto accident bancarotta en tampa bankruptcy attorney blick law firm carrollwood carrollwood attorney carrollwood businesses carrollwood law firm carrollwood real estate christian attorney christian law association christian law firm christian lawyer christian lawyers christian lawyers association christian lawyer tampa driving under the influence helping the hurting michael c blickensderfer military lawyer military lawyers minute with mike personal injury personal injury attorney personal injury attorneys personal injury lawyer personal injury lawyers real estate law tampa attorney tampa law firm tampa personal injury attorney tampa real estate attorney veterans veterans lawyer
Tag Archives: tampa motorcycle accident attorney
PROCEEDS BENEFIT SAFETY AWARENESS CAMPAIGN
Tampa- January 11, 2012- Blick Law Firm will host a memorial ride on Saturday, January 14 to increase awareness and support for those who have lost loved ones due to distracted drivers. Local car and biker enthusiasts from the Tampa Bay region are invited to join the ride and fellowship at this event.
The Safety Awareness Memorial Ride registration will begin at 9 a.m. at Barney’s, 9820 Adamo Drive. At 10:00 a.m. a small procession, led by the Blick Mobile, followed by cars and motorcycles will proceed to Grace Family Church on Van Dyke Road in Lutz. At noon all participants will leave for Blick Law Firm, 4351 Gunn Highway in Tampa for lunch, door prizes, vendors and a memorial ceremony.
Those not riding in the small procession will have maps for a self-guided tour of the route.
“Blick Law Firm is a concerned member of this community, committed to providing support and awareness to those affected by careless drivers,” said Dana Blickensderfer, director of the law firm’s public relations.
Event is $10 per person and includes a light breakfast, lunch and a chance to win prizes. First 50 registrants receive free prizes!!
Distracted drivers can be defined by drunk driving to texting while driving. Be mindful of the carelessness taking place on the road every day. The goal of this campaign is to be aware and be alert. The cost is too high!
For more information regarding this event and to RSVP, please contact Dana Blickensderfer at 813-931-0840 or firstname.lastname@example.org
TAMPA — Mike Blickensderfer, president of Blick Law Firm, measures the success of his business by a unique standard: His family wants to work there too.
“My wife and each of my children have different talents, and I’m fortunate because they are putting them to use at our law firm,” said Blickensderfer, whose Tampa firm is well-known in motorcycle circles and in community groups on the West Coast.
Mike’s wife, Vivian, is the marketing manager of Blick Law Firm, Dana Blickensderfer, 22, is the public relations and social media director, and son Steven looks to be joining his father as an attorney at the firm after his graduation from University of Florida Levin College of Law in May.
“It’s such a blessing to see our each of our children use their talents to help out the business,” said Vivian Blickensderfer. “They wanted to do it.”
Eldest daughter, Danielle — now studying architecture in New York — was the first one to work at the firm, and then handed the reins to sister, Dana.
“Danielle was the one who started it all for me and my brother,” said Dana Blickensderfer. “She was looking for something to do while going to school and she was the gatekeeper of the firm.”
Blick Law Firm holds seminars hosted by Vivian, sponsors events put on by Dana, and works with groups of realtors, doctors and other attorneys to generate the business.
While family comprises the nucleus of the team, the 13 non-family employees play a vital role to running a diverse practice.
The Blick Law Firm has been nominated by The Tampa Business Journal as one of the top places to work in Tampa Bay.
“Our faith is about helping one another in the community,” Dana Blickensderfer said. “The foundation of our business is helping the hurting.”
Compassion is critical in a business that deals with family law issues.
“Unfortunately, some cases involve death and we help the family cope,” Dana Blickensderfer said. “Mike is really good at listening and supporting the family. But he’s also very good at taking care of the legal stuff that they can’t do on their own.”
Compassion — and understanding — also play a strong role inside the office.
“We keep our morale high by having little giveaways every month, spending time with each other, and keeping communication lines open,” Dana Blickensderfer said.
Mike Blickensderfer said the practice has evolved over the years.
In a recent article from the Tampa Tribune, an estimated half-million motorcyclists begin their annual trek to Bike Week in Daytona. The traffic and excitement that it brings however is not the cause of most accidents according to The Florida Motorcycle Safety Coalition. Research shows that 60 percent of vehicle-motorcycle accidents in Florida are caused by the drivers in the vehicle.
A survey of bikers shows that while 71 percent are most worried about being hit by distracted drivers, only one in five wear reflective gear to reduce that risk. Besides recommending bikers to wear helmets, the AAA and Coalition suggest motorcyclist do whatever they can to make themselves more conspicuouson the road.
Here are some other motorcycle-awareness tips for motorists: • Check blind spots before changing lanes or merging, particularly in heavy traffic. Assume motorcyclists pulling out of side streets do not see you and may pull in front of you.
• Expect to see motorcycles as they are often hard to see in traffic. Look for a helmet, tires or a shadow alongside a vehicle that you can’t see around.
• Don’t drive distracted. Drivers who take their eyes off the road for just two seconds double the risk of getting into a crash. Distracted driving is a major cause of motorcycle crashes.
• Keep your eyes and ears open at all times. Motorcyclists may blend into groups of vehicles and may be closer than you think. Also, not all motorcycles are loud so listen closely if you think one is nearby.
• Watch out when making left turns. Most crashes between cars and motorcycles involve left turns.
The AAA online survey was conducted Feb. 8 to 11 and included motorcyclists living in Florida, Georgia and Tennessee. A total of 202 motorcyclists completed the poll, which has a margin of error of plus-or-minus 6.7 percent.
Here are some other statistics that came out of the survey: • 33 percent of bikers say they have been involved in a motorcycle crash and of them, 67 percent said another vehicle caused the crash.
• 23 percent of bikers surveyed say they have ridden within a few hours of alcohol consumption.
• The main reasons cited for riding after drinking were: Bikers believing they were not intoxicated (74 percent) and bikers saying they were driving only a short distance (35 percent).
If you find yourself injured or on the road and see a motorcyclist down during bike week call a Tampa personal injury attorney that can help you get you the assistance you need! Call us 24/7 at 813-931-0840.
Regardless of the type of injury you are involved in when filing a personal injury lawsuit, it is important to know what your injuries have cost you and the damages that you could potentially be awarded.
In personal injury cases, one is entitled to compensatory damages, which are compensation or restitution for the harm sustained by the plantiff, both monetary and non-monetary losses.
What are monetary and non-monetary losses? They include but not subject to: medical expenses, lost wages, repair of property and funeral expenses. Non-monetary losses include: pain and suffering, emotional distress and alike.
In a personal injury case, you should obtain a Tampa personal injury attorney that will represent your legal rights and get you the financial assistance you deserve. There are NO FEES, unless you get paid. Call Blick Law Firm today and ask about our legal services! 813-931-0840. Think quick, call Blick!
As Gasparilla quickly approaches and work today seems to be going by so slow, take a minute to reflect on the weekend ahead.
Gasparilla means crowds, pirates, beads and if you are of age, drinking. With the craziness that Gasparilla brings to the Tampa Bay area, it is important to go in educated on proper safety precautions to take for you and your loved ones. Arr, you ready?!
As an automobile/motorcycle driver know that the Gasparilla parade route extends alongside Bayshore Boulevard and continues through downtown Tampa on Brorein Street and Ashley Drive.
Most pedestrians will be located on Bayshore Boulevard while the parade is underway, but all parade attendees are expected to park in the downtown area prior to arriving for the events festivities.
As a driver through areas of high foot traffic and vehicles migrating towards the same destination, it is imperative to remember the following ways to lower the risk of an accident:
- Watch for pedestrians, they have the right of way.
- Slow down your vehicle at all crosswalks to avoid any collision. The crowds will be swarming with people; anyone can mistakenly walk around without looking both ways. Be a step ahead and drive on high alert!
- Use turn signals! Use signals to notify other vehicles and pedestrians of you intended route.
- Never assume another driver will yield right-of-way. Avoid aggressive driving!
** As a pedestrian:
- Keep special attention at intersections where there may be turning vehicles.
- Keep to walking in areas of well-known pedestrian routes. If there are no sidewalks, walk facing traffic as far to the left as possible.
If you find yourself involved in an unexpected accident and you are not at fault, call your Tampa Bay personal injury attorney! Contact Blick Law Firm immediately so that we can assist you with your legal needs. 813-931-0840! Think quick, call Blick!