Sign Up Today!
- Helping The Hurting | Tampa Bay Law Firm | Christian Lawyers
- PET SAFETY | FLORIDA DRIVING SAFETY | CAR ACCIDENT
- Driving Under The Influence | DUI | Consequences
- Title Closing | Real Estate Closings | Home Buying
- Personal Injury | Auto Accident | Liability
- Suspended License | Tampa Criminal Lawyer | Felony
- 2014 WINTER OLYMPICS | PERSONAL INJURY | TAMPA LAW FIRM
- Real Estate Seminar | Title Insurance | CPA
- 5 Safety Tips | Auto Accident Claim | Social Media
- DUI | JUSTIN BIEBER | DRINKING AND DRIVING CONSEQUENCES
- Texting and Driving | Florida | Car Accident
- Car Accident What To Do | Negligence | Accident Claim
Tagsabogado cristiano abogado de lesiones personales abogado en tampa abogados abogados en tampa abogados real estate abogados tampa accident attorney accident attorneys attorney for the defense attorneys in tampa auto accident bancarotta en tampa bankruptcy attorney blick law firm carrollwood carrollwood attorney carrollwood businesses carrollwood law firm carrollwood real estate christian attorney christian law association christian law firm christian lawyer christian lawyers christian lawyers association christian lawyer tampa driving under the influence dui lawyer helping the hurting michael c blickensderfer military lawyer military lawyers minute with mike personal injury personal injury attorney personal injury attorneys personal injury lawyer real estate law tampa attorney tampa law firm tampa personal injury attorney tampa real estate attorney veterans veterans lawyer
Tag Archives: personal injury protection florida
Florida passes PIP reform bill March 2012.
Since Florida ranks first nationally in staged accidents, fraud has raised PIP costs by $1.4 billion since 2008. The runaway fraud that threatens the system got immediate attention by Governor Rick Scott.
In recent news, Governor Scott and the Legislature make changes to cut down on accident fraud. The legislation now requires accident victims to seek treatment within 14 days of an auto accident, or otherwise loose PIP coverage.
The full $10,000 PIP benefits will be only available to those who sought medical assistance in that 14 day time period. The physician that the accident victim seeks has to determine that the insured has an “emergency medical condition.” If not, the PIP medical benefit will be limited to $2,500, and not the full $10,000.
*Follow-up medical treatment and care will be restricted to a physician, osteopath chiropractor or dentist. Massage therapists and acupuncture has been eliminated from eligibility for PIP benefits.
This bill hopes to crack down on personal injury protection (PIP) abuse and reduce insurance rate coverage, over time.
Whether the new measure will be effective remains to be seen.
For more information regarding PIP law changes contact your personal injury lawyer today. Blick Law Firm can assist you with your legal rights and fight for you. Think quick, call Blick. 813-931-0840.
To see more of this article, visit Insurance Journal.