Sign Up Today!
- Blick Law Firm Works Closely with Tampa’s Chiropractic and Acupuncture Clinic
- Blick Law Firm Brings Legal Expertise and Christian Values to Tampa
- What can a personal injury attorney do for you?
- The Importance of a Real Estate Attorney in a New Transaction
- Over 150 New Florida Laws Take Effect this Month
- Law Change Protects Florida Patients From Balance Billing
- Fatal Alligator Attack at Disney World Orlando Could Mean Legal Trouble
- Florida Gun Laws Under Fire After Orlando Attacks
- Prospect of Medical Marijuana in Florida Creates Buzz
- Florida’s Death Penalty System Subject to Further Questioning
- Summer Driving Safety Tips
- Florida Supreme Court Votes to Maintain Reasonableness in Workers’ Compensation Law
Tagsabogado cristiano abogado de lesiones personales abogado en tampa abogados abogados en tampa abogados real estate abogados tampa accident attorney accident attorneys attorney for the defense attorneys in tampa auto accident bancarotta en tampa bankruptcy attorney blick law firm carrollwood carrollwood attorney carrollwood businesses carrollwood law firm carrollwood real estate christian attorney christian law association christian law firm christian lawyer christian lawyers christian lawyers association christian lawyer tampa driving under the influence helping the hurting michael c blickensderfer military lawyer military lawyers minute with mike personal injury personal injury attorney personal injury attorneys personal injury lawyer personal injury lawyers real estate law tampa attorney tampa law firm tampa personal injury attorney tampa real estate attorney veterans veterans lawyer
Tag Archives: criminal attorney
Everyday Florida drivers get behind the wheel unaware that their driving privilege has been suspended, cancelled, or revoked. Law enforcement officers make daily arrests for driving with a suspended license which can lead to complications when trying to reinstate your driving privilege.
In Florida, it is a criminal traffic offense if a driver operates a motor vehicle with knowledge that their driver’s license is cancelled, suspended, or revoked. Receiving a citation for Driving with a Suspended License requires a court appearance.
The following charges may result from Driving with a Suspended License with knowledge of the suspension:
(1) First conviction is a second degree misdemeanor;
(2) Second conviction is a first degree misdemeanor;
(3) Third, or subsequent conviction, is a third degree felony and possible jail time may have to be served.
It is important to know that multiple infractions of Driving with a Suspended License can lead to very serious consequences, and drivers with repeated violations can become listed as a Habitual Traffic Offender.
The penalty of driving with your license suspended, whether you have knowledge or not, can be serious and generally lead to complications with your future driving privilege.
If you or a loved one have been arrested or issued a citation for driving with a suspended license, call Blick Law Firm today at (813) 931-0840. Schedule a free 15-minute consultation with attorney Michael Blickensderfer.
In Florida, persons under the age of 18 are considered minors and tried as juveniles for crimes they commit rather than as adults. The distinction in Florida, as in all states, is made to separate offenses perpetrated by those under a certain age determined as the age of majority. When a Juvenile is taken into custody, they may be placed temporarily in a secure detention facility while awaiting court disposition and can be confined for up to 21 days; in situations where a juvenile violates a court ordered sanction, they may be detained even longer. In certain cases, the court will sentence a juvenile as an adult depending on the severity of the crime committed.
In contrast to the objective to punish adults for their crimes, the state seeks to rehabilitate juveniles and prevent future misconduct. With the focus of juvenile justice set on rehabilitation, the courts seek to assist minors in functioning properly in a normal adult society. However, many juveniles face strict sentences for their crimes, and often times detainment of the juvenile can last for extended periods.
Many people expect juveniles to receive a slap on the wrist for their offenses, but courts often times attempt to deliver a strong message to youths in order to enforce a positive awareness of the consequences of their decisions.
If your minor child has been arrested for a crime and you have questions or concerns about their rights, call Blick Law Firm today at (813) 931-0840. Schedule a free 15-minute consultation with attorney Michael Blickensderfer.
When shopping around for a Tampa attorney online, many consumers first instinct would be to choose the lowest rates that an attorney will offer. However, going for a cheap rate attorney may not be the best strategy.
In the economy today, competitive advantage makes it easy for a consumer to find the best for the cheapest price. However, when it comes to legal counseling, many times that is not the case.
1) Cost. Comparing cost is very important and of course should weigh into your decision making. In this economy, finding an attorney willing to give their clients payment plans, if appropriate can seal the deal when it comes to retaining an attorney.
2) Experience. Do a little research on the attorney you are seeking and check his background. An attorney has been practicing for one month will more than likely not be as capable as an attorney that has been in practice for 10 years. Having an attorney with experience will add value to your case and will allow the experts to takeover, ensuring you relief in whichever situation you may be facing
Attorney, Michael C. Blickensderfer has been in practice for over 25 years. His experience includes serving as a prosecutor both in Florida and in Long Island. In the past he served in cases dealing with narcotics, Medicaid fraud, and DUI offenses within New York City. He has also served as a Public Defender, practicing criminal law within the felony division in Tampa, Florida. Other legal experience includes real estate, family law, criminal defense, social security and labor law.
Mr. Blickensderfer’s background includes courtroom and trial experience, both in criminal and civil cases.
3) Licensed. Many times an attorney may practice in more than one state. An attorney that has more than one license is well-versed in legal laws, statutes and legal systems.
Attorney Michael C. Blickensderfer is licensed to practice law in Florida, New York and New Jersey. Having such a diverse familiarity of the legal system allows him to provide his clients with expert knowledge earned through many years of study.
4) Ethics. When hiring an attorney clients’ seeking to get best results may lean towards a hard, cut-throat lawyer. However, rather than choosing based on commercial ads of what an attorney portrays themselves to be, check resources. Retaining an attorney based on integrity and moral standards may be the wiser choice.
Our Mission: Blick Law Firm‘s mission is “Helping the Hurting.” Grounded as a Christian law firm and following Christian values, the firm strives to not only meet the legal needs of its clients and their families, but also to provide physical and emotional support. We treat each client equally and with the utmost respect, offering high-quality legal representation and counsel to those who need us most.
If you are looking to retain a low-priced attorney, more than likely you will get what you pay for. Be sure to do what is best for you and your situation. Don’t sell yourself short by only considering the financial perspective. Instead, consider the overall situation, such as, the level of experience, morals and values brought to both you and your case by the attorney you choose to retain.
Call Blick Law Firm today and speak with us at 813-931-0840. We offer free case evaluation and want to strive to not only assist with your immediate legal needs, but assist for results that will make for a blessed and prosperous future!