The summer is a fun care free time for many, but it’s easy to get carried away with the summer lifestyle. We here at Blick Law Firm have some tips and advice to share in regards to summer safety to help you and your family remain safe during the summer. While it is important to have a good time, we encourage all of you to remember safety is a priority.
1. Be careful around fireworks. While they are fun, simple fireworks such as sparklers can reach temperatures of up to 1000 degrees Fahrenheit. Always keep an eye out for any children playing with fireworks.
2. Use insect repellents containing DEET when outside in order to prevent insect-related diseases.
3. Make sure that you and your children wear helmets when bicycling, rollerblading or skateboarding in order to properly prevent head injuries.
4. Remember never to leave children or pets in hot cars. In just 60 minutes, your vehicle can reach temperatures 40 degrees higher than the outside temperature.
5. When children are walking to and from the areas in the neighborhood, ensure they utilize the buddy system and have a cell phone in case of an emergency.
6. Avoid sun exposure during peak sun hours (10 AM – 6 PM).
7. Every family should have at least one first aid kit at home which is well stocked and readily accessible in case of emergencies.
8. Remember to ensure that children have proper adult supervision for any beach or pool activities.
The Summer can be full of dangers, and it’s imperative to always practice keeping you and your children safe, whether from insects, sunburn, or strangers. Keep these tips in mind during your summer time escapades, and we hope that you and your family have a great and wonderful time this upcoming summer.