Sign Up Today!
- Wrongful Death
- Foreclosure Defense
- 5 Auto Accident Prevention Tips
- French Senate | Striking Down Piracy
- Invokana | Prescription Drug | Product Liability
- Immigration Reform 2015
- Fireworks Safety | July 4th
- Personal Injury Attorney | Tampa Bay Lawyer
- Foreclosure Defense | Real Estate Law
- Legal News | Supreme Court Rulings
- Amusement Park Safety | Summer Safety
- Legal News | Law Firm Trends 2015
Tagsabogado cristiano abogado de lesiones personales abogado en tampa abogados abogados en tampa abogados real estate abogados tampa accident attorney accident attorneys attorney for the defense attorneys in tampa auto accident bancarotta en tampa bankruptcy attorney blick law firm carrollwood carrollwood attorney carrollwood businesses carrollwood law firm carrollwood real estate christian attorney christian law association christian law firm christian lawyer christian lawyers christian lawyers association christian lawyer tampa driving under the influence helping the hurting michael c blickensderfer military lawyer military lawyers minute with mike personal injury personal injury attorney personal injury attorneys personal injury lawyer personal injury lawyers real estate law tampa attorney tampa law firm tampa personal injury attorney tampa real estate attorney veterans veterans lawyer
Category Archives: Personal Injury
Wrongful death — I’m sure everyone has heard this term, but what exactly does wrongful death entail, and how do you know if a passing in your family was due to a wrongful death instance? We here at Blick Law firm wish to help clarify what exactly wrongful death means and how to know when it occurs to you or someone you know.
To begin, wrongful death occurs when someone is killed due to the misconduct or negligence of another. The surviving members of the victim’s family are then able to sue for “wrongful death.” Generally, wrongful death lawsuits occur after a criminal trial, and while they use the same evidence, the required standard of proof is much less than a normal case. A lawsuit for wrongful death may only be performed by the personal representative of the decedent’s estate.
However, in order to present a successful wrongful death case, the following requirements are to be considered:
- the death of a human being
- Medical malpractice that results in decedent’s death;
- Automobile or airplane accident; -
- Caused by another’s negligence, or with intent to cause harm; The survival of family members who are suffering monetary injury as a result of the death, and;
- The appointment of a personal representative for the decedent’s estate.
- exposure to hazardous conditions or substances;
- Medical malpractice that results in decedent’s death;
- Criminal behavior
- Death during a supervised activity
As you can tell, it’s not as simple as filing the lawsuit. There are many aspects that come into play when filing a wrongful death claim, but remember that by understanding what wrongful death is you can properly file for it when the time comes. If a loved one passes due to the negligence of another or if you have general questions regarding wrongful death or other personal injury issues give us a call today at 813-931-0840 to schedule a free consultation.
By: Moneer Kheireddine
In the world of law, there is always a new and expanding project expanding that hopes to help as many people as possible who are affected by something they were unaware to harm them. This week, we here at Blick Law Firm are here to introduce to you a new mass tort project which involves the prescription drug Invokana as well as many other drugs in the SGLT2 inhibitor class.
Invokana, which is the first in a new class of frontline treatments for type 2 diabetes, was approved in 2013 and although originally successful by blocking the absorption of glucose in the kidneys, has now been found to develop diabetic ketoacidosis. Diabetic ketoacidosis is a serious condition which results in strokes, pulmonary edema, cardiac dysthermia heart attacks, cerebral edema and many other dangerous effects including death.
Recently, the FDA noticed the serious health implications of the drug and has issued a warning regarding the serious side effects of using Invokana. After learning of the issues surrounding the drug, the pharmaceutical litigation team at Morgan & Morgan began investigation possible product liability claims, and is currently in the process of sustaining a tort project using highly experienced experts from several fields including cardiology and endocrinology. They have developed a theory of liability that is planned to be very successful in assisting those who suffered from the drug.
We here at Blick Law Firm are reaching out to you, both our clients and readers, to look for those in your lives suffering from type 2 diabetes and to reach out to them and let them know about the side effects of this drug. Inform them of the consequences that may be associated with it, and ensure that if they have been taking the drug that the reach out to us here at Blick Law Firm at 813-931-0840 so that we may put them in contact with men and women who are able to assist them in claiming liability. It is up to you to help ensure that no one else suffers due to this drug and its dangerous health implications, and by doing so you could possibly be saving the lives of families all over the Tampa Bay area.
Personal injury is a legal issue and frequent occurrence that could happen to anyone at any given moment. This is why it is imperative that everyone remain informed and knowledgeable on various aspects of personal injury defense and how it works. Every day, more and more people are injured who are not at fault, and aren’t exactly sure what to do. That is why we here at Blick Law Firm are going through some of the basics on our website covering topics such as: personal injury, what it means, and how it may or may not impact your life.
In the simplest of terms, Personal Injury cases are legal disputes that occur when one person suffers an injury or harm, and another person may be legally responsible for it. In order for a case to become formalized, it must go through a civil court proceeding that essentially attempts to find others legally at fault through the court. However, before a lawsuit is filed, it is very common for disputes such as this to be handled through informal “settlements”. These settlements typically involve negotiations and a written agreement signed by both sides that agrees on resolving the issue through a monetary amount.
While most forms of law use statues as governing rules, most of personal injury law isn’t actually within statutes. Most of its development occurs through court decisions. However, another important aspect of personal law not set forth by court decisions is the statute of limitations. Statutes of limitations are set by state laws and they determine how long you have after the original incident or discovery of the injury to file your lawsuit.
Now, while there are various aspects to Personal Injury law, if you or someone you know ever have any questions, or would like a free consultation in regards to a Personal Injury case, we highly encourage you to reach us at 813-931-0840.
While the summer is a great time for hitting the beaches, hanging out with friends, and dusting off your year passes and finally putting them to use at the various theme parks, it’s also a time to refresh your memory of some of the dangers that exist at these various theme parks. While these places are built so that you and your family can enjoy various rides and attractions, it’s always a smart idea to practice several of these safety tips to ensure that you and your family can enjoy your time in the summer without exposing yourself to many of the dangers that can occur.
1. Understand What You Can & Cannot Handle: Make sure to read every attractions restrictions and warning before boarding. If you are pregnant, have a heart condition, or have a history of back pains/injuries, you will not be able to ride some rides. Also, if you are too short, you also will not be able to board the rides. Take all of these factors into consideration before deciding to wait in line for a ride you may not be able to actually experience.
2. Stay Aware: Theme parks can be dangerous places both on the attractions and off. The walking around can be just as dangerous as some of the rides, so make sure to keep an eye on your children at all time to ensure they don’t get lost in the crowd, make sure you are walking at the correct pace to continue with the flow of traffic and that you are not blocking anyones way.
3. Keep Yourself Cool: Many people will return from their trips to several theme parks with severe burns and possibly even heat exhaustion. Stay hydrated with water (sugary drinks should be avoided) and make sure to spray or apply waterproof sunscreen to keep both you and your family safe.
4. Keep Your Children Educated: Before entering any ride with your children, make sure to educate them on the ride and what’s in store for them. Make sure they understand the proper safety mechanics and know how to recognize danger within the ride to minimize risk. If your children is distressed, do NOT force them onto the ride. Simply wait and calm them down while allowing other people in the line to move ahead.
5. Keep Your Head On: While theme parks can be fun, always remember that they can also be extremely stressful, especially on the one in charge. Ensuring people have fun isn’t as fun as it sounds. Children can’t keep up with an adults pace, especially in the summer heat, so if you have some with you, make sure to take breaks! Cranky children are sure to make you cranky as well, and doesn’t make for an enjoyable time. Several breaks spread out throughout the day can help your entire family remain sane and happy.
Remember, keep these tips in mind to be safe, but also remember to have a great time, as the point of these outings is to have fun. Theme park attendance can be a rollercoaster of a time, but the memories you make will outlive the headaches you earn. Stay safe, stay cool, and stay happy!
The summer is a fun care free time for many, but it’s easy to get carried away with the summer lifestyle. We here at Blick Law Firm have some tips and advice to share in regards to summer safety to help you and your family remain safe during the summer. While it is important to have a good time, we encourage all of you to remember safety is a priority.
1. Be careful around fireworks. While they are fun, simple fireworks such as sparklers can reach temperatures of up to 1000 degrees Fahrenheit. Always keep an eye out for any children playing with fireworks.
2. Use insect repellents containing DEET when outside in order to prevent insect-related diseases.
3. Make sure that you and your children wear helmets when bicycling, rollerblading or skateboarding in order to properly prevent head injuries.
4. Remember never to leave children or pets in hot cars. In just 60 minutes, your vehicle can reach temperatures 40 degrees higher than the outside temperature.
5. When children are walking to and from the areas in the neighborhood, ensure they utilize the buddy system and have a cell phone in case of an emergency.
6. Avoid sun exposure during peak sun hours (10 AM – 6 PM).
7. Every family should have at least one first aid kit at home which is well stocked and readily accessible in case of emergencies.
8. Remember to ensure that children have proper adult supervision for any beach or pool activities.
The Summer can be full of dangers, and it’s imperative to always practice keeping you and your children safe, whether from insects, sunburn, or strangers. Keep these tips in mind during your summer time escapades, and we hope that you and your family have a great and wonderful time this upcoming summer.
Written By: Moneer Kheireddine
Generally, most people in the world have a schedule. They have a set way that they do things; their own, personalized, rule of order. Each and every day they follow the same times, the same roads, and the same tasks. This is the reason why we find so much comfort within order. However, this is also the reason why auto accidents tend to affect us to such a large extent. Something entered our lives that broke our normality.
Try to imagine some of your own, personal accidents as a reference to how these people who are victims of a personal injury feel. Remember how you felt when these unexpected occurrences happened in your own life and the confusion and pain you felt as a result. Now, imagine the same accident, but take into consideration the fact that the accident was not caused by you, but by someone else’s recklessness, which directly caused you pain and suffering. The impact that these accidents have on your life can be life altering and detrimental, and in the confusion you may not know who to turn to or ask for help. This is where we come in.
Blick Law Firm is the firm you can turn to in your time of legal need! To us, every client is treated with the upmost care and respect, and we try to help you every step of the way on your road to recovery and return to normalcy. We offer services ranging anywhere from automobile accidents, to slip and falls, medical malpractice, and everywhere in between. If you are injured in any way, give us a call, because we want to help. Our consultation services are at no cost to you, which provides you with an opportunity to receive free legal advice! Call Blick Law Firm today to speak to a trusted personal injury attorney to guide you and your loved ones back on a road to recovery!
Were you the victim of life altering medical malpractice? Think Quick, and Call Blick. Was your friend caught in an automobile accident? Think Quick, and refer them to Call Blick. Did the neighbors Rottweiler get out again and manage to inflict a severe bite wound on you? Think Quick, Call Blick. No matter the situation, no matter the cause, we are here to help. If you, or someone you know, have been the victim of any form of personal injury, our doors are always open. Free consultation is available, and we are happy to assist anyone in their time of need.
Here at Blick, our motto is “Helping The Hurting”, a motto contrived and founded upon helping those who have suffered in this world. We believe that everyone deserves to be treated with decency and respect, and uphold the values of helping everyone who walks through our doors. If you know of anyone who needs help through personal injury, or you yourself are a victim and are in need of assistance, we highly encourage you to at least give us a call at 813-931-0840, or schedule a consultation online at www.BlickLawFirm.com.
Remember, Blick is here to help, no matter the circumstance. If you are ever in doubt, Think Quick, and Call Blick.
Have you ever been the victim of personal injury? Have you found help within the Blick Law family? Do you have an opinion on Personal Injury laws within America? Leave a comment in the comment section below!