Sign Up Today!
- What should you do after an auto accident?
- Proposed Changes to Florida’s Open Carry Law
- Florida Lawmakers Consider Adding to Existing Drone Legislation
- Florida Death Penalty System Under Supreme Court Scrutiny
- Daily Fantasy Sports Bill in Florida’s Future
- Christmas Greetings from the Blick Law Firm!
- What does Christmas mean to you?!
- Immigrant Workers’ Personal Injury Claims
- Holiday Travel Tips
- Holiday Safety | Tampa Bay Law Firm
- What to Look for in a Bankruptcy Attorney
- Pulled over? Know your rights! | Criminal Defense
Tagsabogado cristiano abogado de lesiones personales abogado en tampa abogados abogados en tampa abogados real estate abogados tampa accident attorney accident attorneys attorney for the defense attorneys in tampa auto accident bancarotta en tampa bankruptcy attorney blick law firm carrollwood carrollwood attorney carrollwood businesses carrollwood law firm carrollwood real estate christian attorney christian law association christian law firm christian lawyer christian lawyers christian lawyers association christian lawyer tampa driving under the influence helping the hurting michael c blickensderfer military lawyer military lawyers minute with mike personal injury personal injury attorney personal injury attorneys personal injury lawyer personal injury lawyers real estate law tampa attorney tampa law firm tampa personal injury attorney tampa real estate attorney veterans veterans lawyer
Monthly Archives: March 2012
The Columbia University Mailman School of Public Health reports that more families have been using their tax rebates to file for bankruptcy.
In 2001, bankruptcies increased 2 percent after receiving rebates but increased 7 percent in 2008, according to research by Tal Gross, an assistant professor of health policy and management at the school.
Overall, Gross found bankruptcy filings fell by more than 50 percent between the two years, presumably due to the Bankruptcy Abuse Prevention and Consumer Protection Act passed in 2005. Legal fees for filing increased from an average of $921 to $1,477.
While some debate the new law was a good way to weed out unnecessary filings, Gross believes it made it more difficult for families in need to dig themselves out of their financial troubles.
Although bankruptcy has had a bit of a bad rep in the past, it may be the only option for people with medical debt. Attorney Michael Blickensderfer is knowledgeable in recent bankruptcy laws and may offer assistance as you face this hardship.
Although filing for bankruptcy remains on one’s credit history for up to 10 years, the credit score may go up as much as 100 points as shortly as a year later.
Think quick, call Blick. 813-931-0840.
There are laws in place for many addictive drugs, known as “controlled substances”. Users of these drugs run the risk of facing difficulty with the law. Know the law, here are some things you should be aware of:
“Simple” Possession of Drugs means you actually have the drug in your possession or you have access to them, even if it is locked in your car.
“Trafficking” of Drugs generally means the distribution or selling of drugs. It also refers to growing or manufacturing with an intent to sell. Importing and exporting is also a form of trafficking.
Check foreign regulations when taking your own medication for personal use.
The laws also take into consideration where you have possession of drugs, and in particular, whether you are at or near somewhere where there are vulnerable people, such as a school or daycare. The seriousness of the possession charges increase in places like this. As innocent as it may seem, you may find yourself in a situation with a prescribed controlled substance in your possession.
Using an addictive drug temporarily for personal health does not qualify you as an addict. If you are arrested for having one of these medically prescribed drugs in your possession, call Blick Law Firm immediately.We are here to help the hurting and those in need, call us today. 813-931-0840
TAMPA-Blick Law Firm is in the fourth round for the best customer service contest with Carrollwood Patch.
Patch is a local online directory that shares news in your local community. Patch is currently running a best customer service contest for the local Carrollwood businesses and Blick Law Fim has made it to round 4.
Eight businesses remain in this contest for best customer service in Carrollwood. This elite group has made it through three rounds and will continue on until one business remains.
The business with the most votes will make it through to the next round. The vote continues, and your vote could help Blick Law Firm continue on to the next round.
To vote please visit: www.carrollwood.patch.com
For more information please contact Blick Law Firm public relations specialist, Dana Blickensderfer at 813-931-0840 or email@example.com
Congratulations to 3 runner ups from Florida of the Official Bike Week Motorcycle:
Donnie Helms placed 3rd, Margaret Smith 5th & Melissa Penland placed 10th
The first weekend was sprinkled with showers, keeping Main Street quieter than usual. However, shops and bars were still big business as bikers sought shelter from the rain. The Bike Week parade reappeared after a 6 year hiatus. This year, bikes led by the Daytona Beach Police Department Motorcycle Unit, strung nearly 5.25 miles.
It seemed that Spring Break coinciding with Bike Week may have been a factor in the attendance being slightly higher. While most businesses did well, some did not quite earn their yearly income on which they thrive.
Seven motorcyclists lost their lives at Bike Week this year. While many would argue the helmet law as being at fault, it bears no weight at all. Some were wearing helmets, some were not. Attorney Michael Blickensderfer wishes to express his sincerest sympathy to these families as they pick up the pieces, cope and move on with their lives. He encourages those of us who still have the privilege of riding to be aware of others on the road that may not be paying attention. For those who drive automobiles, drive cautiously. Your second of unintentional carelessness could cost a life and change a family forever.
Legal counsel is not something we think about every day. Crisis comes without any warning. Blick Law Firm is here to help, whether it is personal injury, traffic ticket, facing foreclosure or bankruptcy. Attorney Michael Blickensderfer is a trustworthy attorney who will advocate for your rights.
Call us today, if we can be of assistance to you in your time of need. Blick Law Firm, helping the hurting. 813-931-0840.
In the past, it has been thought that a real estate agent is the only other team member you need while selling or purchasing your property. A third member, just as necessary as the agent, is a real estate lawyer.
While the real estate agent can assist you with the logistics of selling/buying, along with negotiating a price and closing date that is right for you, Attorney Michael Blickensderfer can review any offer you make or receive and make sure that your rights are protected and your duties clearly defined.
You may benefit from hiring a real estate attorney to assist you with the process.
If you’re buying a home, Blick Law Firm can:
- Help you understand the purchase contract, including how you will take title on the property.
- Check that there are no covenants, easements, liens, etc. registered against the property that will impede your use of it.
- Prepare and register all the legal documents.
- Clarify the terms of the mortgage and work with your bank, if necessary, to modify them.
- Scrutinize the adjustments, including taxes owing and utilities costs paid, prior to the transaction closing.
- Oversee the closing and review all the papers you will be required to sign.
- Arrange title insurance protection to protect you from losses due to title defects.
- Ensure you receive a valid registered ownership subject only to the liabilities you have accepted.
If you’re selling a home, Blick Law Firm is able to:
- Review the binder and review or prepare the purchase and sale agreement, including negotiating its terms.
- Prepare the deed and power of attorney if necessary.
- Deal with title issues as they arise and help correct them.
- Oversee the closing and review all the papers you will be required to sign.
- Arrange for transfer of security deposits.
- Arrange for insurance certificates if needed.
Hire a Tampa real estate attorney who understands not only the standards, but the law, that must be met.
Although many legal forms used in real estate are similar, binder or purchase and sale agreement forms vary from state to state. Get the help you need today.
Further, some title insurance companies and mortgage lenders require you to use a lawyer to ensure that, among other things, the title is good, there are no liens against the property and that the deal will close as expected.
If you’re ready to make or accept an offer on a property, call Blick Law Firm today and ask to speak to our real estate team. *You can still sign the offer with the contingency that you want Michael to review first.
Think quick, call Blick! 813-931-0840
Florida Bankruptcy Alternatives:
Receiving late notices and phone calls from creditors? DON’T IGNORE THEM!
Talk with your creditors and attempt to work out a payment plan. Explain your situation and the reason for the hardship. Often the creditor is willing to co-operate.
- Possible options? Debt consolidation loan will allow you to pay off all your creditors and then you will just be left with the debt consolidation loan payment.
- Another option is a Florida credit counseling plan where your creditors may be willing to lower your interest rates and accept a reduced payment if you enter a “Debt Repayment Plan.” Your money is generally deposited to a service.
- A third option to Florida personal bankruptcy is a Florida credit counseling plan. Your creditors may be willing to lower your interest rates and accept reduced payments if you enter a debt repayment plan.
Generally, in these plans, you deposit money each month with the credit counseling service. Your deposits are used to pay your creditors according to a payment schedule developed by the counselor. As part of the repayment plan, you may have to agree not to apply for, or use, any additional credit while you’re participating in the program.
Contact Blick Law Firm today for more information regarding these programs, bankruptcy laws and changes in Florida. We are here to help you in your time of need, you are not alone! 813-931-0840.